Satsuki with yellow leaves

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Ok. I just noticed many of the leaves on 1 large satsuki I have are yellowing. I'm concerned for several reasons. First, I've owned this tree for 4 years and I don't recall this degree of yellowing. Second, some of the affected leaves include those that grew following a mid summer cut back, meaning they aren't particularly old. Finally, I've got a few other satsukis that are not turning yellow. They've all had the same fert, water, sun exposure, etc. This tree was re-potted last spring with minimal root pruning. I treated it with iron today, though I don't think it's chlorosis. October and November have been very dry around here, and though I've still watered my trees, it hasn't been every day. Anyone think it might be a bit of drought stress? Let me know what you think. Thanks, Dave

MODS- please delete this thread...it is in the wrong forum

Attachments

• DSCF1286.jpg
    DSCF1286.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF1285.jpg
    DSCF1285.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF1284.jpg
    DSCF1284.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF1283.jpg
    DSCF1283.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You didn't have any cold snaps did you? Don't know satsuki at all, so can't be of much help.

bruce m

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
just normal fall coloring,should just have summer leaves around buds left after leaves drop.have close to 1500 azaleas and all showing fall coloring to some degree now.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
There's yellow leaves? All I saw are the nice gnarly trunk on the upper right corner of pics 3 & 4!!!

Post a pic of the entire tree please!!! :D

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
you's guys should take a look at this thread that was moved to the correct forum. Those that know what to look for diagnosed this in a heartbeat. Shows you what we all have to learn still.

Top Bottom