Scissor Repair

Johnathan

Omono
Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge, experience or ideas on how to fix my Kaneshin scissors? I screwed them up cutting something I knew better than cutting but was to lazy to reach for the proper tool. Lesson learned 🤦🏾‍♂

Here they are brand new:

IMG-20190110-WA0005.jpg

And here they are now. Notice the blades aren't aligned properly anymore 😔 😢

20200508_103810.jpg

PLEASE HELP!

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Does anyone have any knowledge, experience or ideas on how to fix my Kaneshin scissors? I screwed them up cutting something I knew better than cutting but was to lazy to reach for the proper tool. Lesson learned 🤦🏾‍♂️

Here they are brand new:

View attachment 301449

View attachment 301448

PLEASE HELP!
LOL, been there done that! You can also place each handle in the vise and apply slow pressure to straighten the handle portion! One side at a time! Check frequently!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
rubber-band-extensions-for-hand-health.gif

..we got a weighlifter here!!! If you gotta' get swole to prune, use a bigger tool!!;):D:D:D:D:D

Yes, can be bent "back", and as mentioned, check often and proceed with discretion. Check to see after you straighten if you can snug up the rivet with a few gentle taps. It will tighten up the action so don't treat it like a nail!!! 😘

acro

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Does anyone have any knowledge, experience or ideas on how to fix my Kaneshin scissors? I screwed them up cutting something I knew better than cutting but was to lazy to reach for the proper tool. Lesson learned 🤦🏾‍♂

Here they are brand new:

View attachment 301449

View attachment 301448

PLEASE HELP!
I have the same problem but, can't seem to bend them back. Any illustration or more detail on this technique ? Thanking in advance.

acro

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I have the same problem but, can't seem to bend them back. Any illustration or more detail on this technique ? Thanking in advance.
Thanks but, never mind .I just put the cutting end into a 2" pvc pipe and stretched the hands back at the same time. Took all of 5 sec.

Top Bottom