Scots Pine#5

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Be careful, it's addictive:). Very nice trunks you're collecting... The scots pines on my balcony have almost fully opened shots, so I'm looking forward to my summer digging expedition. This year I'll take only one, but dreaming about sth biiig.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Be careful, it's addictive:). Very nice trunks you're collecting... The scots pines on my balcony have almost fully opened shots, so I'm looking forward to my summer digging expedition. This year I'll take only one, but dreaming about sth biiig.
Summer digging? Can I also do that?

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sure, I've collected 4 in the first August weekend and still have 4, July should be better. Just chose some cooler day, best after the rain.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Are you nuts, are you actually listening to the short little fat bald guy from Michigan?? Your trees are all going to die. No not really. Please let me know how the get along.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Way prettier foliage than JBP all day.

Sorce

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The ones in the area I got this from all have short needles too. I think it's from getting beat up every few years.

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Very nice. I like how fast these get nice bark.

My club had a guest speaker from England (I forget his name) a couple years ago and I went to watch the demonstration on a big Chinese elm. Someone asked him if he could only work on 1 species of tree what would it be. His answer - Scots Pine.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've said it before, I think scots is my favorite pine. The only thing I don't like is their tendency to shed their bark easily.

But the needle length, color, willingness to back bud are all great.

Top Bottom