Scots Pine#5

Be careful, it's addictive:). Very nice trunks you're collecting... The scots pines on my balcony have almost fully opened shots, so I'm looking forward to my summer digging expedition. This year I'll take only one, but dreaming about sth biiig.

Be careful, it's addictive:). Very nice trunks you're collecting... The scots pines on my balcony have almost fully opened shots, so I'm looking forward to my summer digging expedition. This year I'll take only one, but dreaming about sth biiig.
Summer digging? Can I also do that?

Sure, I've collected 4 in the first August weekend and still have 4, July should be better. Just chose some cooler day, best after the rain.

Are you nuts, are you actually listening to the short little fat bald guy from Michigan?? Your trees are all going to die. No not really. Please let me know how the get along.

Way prettier foliage than JBP all day.

Sorce

The ones in the area I got this from all have short needles too. I think it's from getting beat up every few years.

Very nice. I like how fast these get nice bark.

My club had a guest speaker from England (I forget his name) a couple years ago and I went to watch the demonstration on a big Chinese elm. Someone asked him if he could only work on 1 species of tree what would it be. His answer - Scots Pine.

I've said it before, I think scots is my favorite pine. The only thing I don't like is their tendency to shed their bark easily.

But the needle length, color, willingness to back bud are all great.

Back
Top Bottom