Search issues

Leprous Garden

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So it seems like something is not working for me with the search feature. For example, if I search "elm" there are... No results found. The same happens if I search "oak". I've tried advanced searches and all the available options and nothing seems to change it. Is anyone else having this problem?

Traken

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
If you go to the Search Threads screen (https://www.bonsainut.com/search/?type=post), searching for elm will work. I suspect it has something to do with it being a three character word. A lot of forum softwares limit or prevent small word searches so that people don't search for things like the word "the" and slow everything down searching or have a billion results. It's possible that could be why. If you want to use the quick search still, you can always specify more stuff such as cork elm or something like that, and it will return search results.

Leprous Garden

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So when I search from that page it still isn't right. Searching for "oak" and "elm" yields the same results, and with the "titles only" button checked none of the results have either keyword in the title. Not sure what this about.

Traken

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So when I search from that page it still isn't right. Searching for "oak" and "elm" yields the same results, and with the "titles only" button checked none of the results have either keyword in the title. Not sure what this about.
Ah, yeah, I didn't actually read the results when I ran the previous search. Again, I believe it's due to it being only a three letter word. If you search for "elms", that does produce results with the actual word in them. Unfortunately, you may just have to get creative with the search if you want to run it directly on the site. A possible workaround, is to go to google, and run a search of "site:bonsainut.com elm" which will search bnut using google for the word elm.

Top Bottom