Searching for Juniper Itoigawa, Shimpaku, open to suggestions

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
This is from a nursery that won't ship. Ever. But I visit frequently. I'm trying to set up a special visit for our study group. It is old school California bonsai - and I mean that respectfully.
And it looks like it! You ever decide you want to box one up and ship it, I'd be happy to buy one to play with.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Well... it's not like I want to go into the bonsai reselling business, but I DO remember what it was like living in Chicago yearning for access to nice trees. For example, this is a $250 shimpaku pre-bonsai in California.

Bonsainut, you lived in Chicago? I would but that material NOW! Obviously a finders fee and shipping would be paid also.

View attachment 86775

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Bonsainut, you lived in Chicago? I would but that material NOW! Obviously a finders fee and shipping would be paid also.

No finder's fees necessary. Let me see what I can find. It may not be until the New Year however given that holidays are right around the corner and some of these places are a trip for me.

Yes I grew up in the Chicago area, though I moved to California 20 years ago. I was a member of the Midwest Bonsai Society.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
That is awesome, I am a members also! Thank you and as you probably remember we are in the winter season here.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Yes I have it. Say hi to all the MidWest Bonsai Society peeps from me! I used to live just down the street from the Botanic Garden and could walk to meetings :)

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Hello and R U still looking for some Juniper Chinensis Shimpaku, I have 10 Pre Bonsai in 4" Pots,
very healthy, 6" to 8" soil to top...$90.00 + $16 for shipping from Detroit area USPS...
Let me know here or PM me...

augustine

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
You can also contact "Pre-Bonsai Mark Comstock" who is a grower of nice material at reasonable prices. You should be able to find him on the www and facebook. Email him. You can trust Mark, he's a sqare guy. Located in Connecticut.

Top Bottom