Server Upgrade in the works

MattE

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3b
Parts of the site may appear broken as we work through the server migration. Do not lose faith! :)
I have to ask, Whats your story? why did you start this? do you have a write up or blog? Great site BTW i have learned a lot from it

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The site is live and has been tested on the new servers. Everything looks good and we will be scheduling the final sync and move to the new hardware. During this time the site will be down for a few hours - we turn 'off' the old site, copy the final database to the new server, and then turn the new site 'on'. We will then update the DNS records so when you navigate to www.bonsainut.com you will be sent to the new site instead of the old one.

Once the new site has been "live" for several days without any problems, I will turn off the old site permanently. It is important to note that during this process the database is being constantly backed-up and archived so none of our posts or images are at risk.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have to ask, Whats your story? why did you start this? do you have a write up or blog? Great site BTW i have learned a lot from it

I don't have a 'story' other than I have been into bonsai for a long time. Back in the early 2000's I started thinking about creating a bonsai site to share bonsai progress and techniques with others. I have numerous balls in the air, both personally and professionally, so I don't always have the time to go to regular club meetings or events (though I try to get to as many as possible). The Internet works perfectly to allow me to chat with bonsai friends while I am busy traveling or sitting in a parking lot somewhere :)

Initially only a handful of people knew me in real life... but over the years I have met more bonsai folk and more people know me as something other than 'the guy who runs bonsainut' :)

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Thanks for all you do Greg. I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet you, see your trees, and spend a nice day in the OC together.

MattE

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3b
I don't have a 'story' other than I have been into bonsai for a long time. Back in the early 2000's I started thinking about creating a bonsai site to share bonsai progress and techniques with others. I have numerous balls in the air, both personally and professionally, so I don't always have the time to go to regular club meetings or events (though I try to get to as many as possible). The Internet works perfectly to allow me to chat with bonsai friends while I am busy traveling or sitting in a parking lot somewhere :)

Initially only a handful of people knew me in real life... but over the years I have met more bonsai folk and more people know me as something other than 'the guy who runs bonsainut' :)
That's really awesome, thanks for creating this and taking the time to type that and letting me get to know you. I look forward to meeting many others. Wish you much success!

Top Bottom