Share your weather!

This just up the road from me.
Blocking only access to/from 400 residents.
Multiple billboard signs down this one just opening up the end of a trailer.
20240402_191805.jpg
20240402_191749.jpg
20240402_143342.jpg

20240402_144532.jpg
20240402_144327.jpg
20240402_144459.jpg
This one just missing a Ginos Pizza and Tudors Buscuit World.
Driver just exited his car moments prior to car being hit.
Not sure it was the red car here bc they brought a crane in to lift the sign off of the car.

Last edited:
This just up the road from me.
Blocking only access to/from 400 residents.
Multiple billboard signs down this one just opening up the end of a trailer.
View attachment 537845
View attachment 537856
View attachment 537862

View attachment 537851
View attachment 537860
View attachment 537861
This one just missing a Ginos Pizza and Tudors Buscuit World.
Driver just exited his car moments prior to car being hit.
Not sure it was the red car here bc they brought a crane in to lift the sign off of the car.
Wow. Hope your house is OK. We mostly had a lot of rain, some places 6 inches. Luckily no damage. But my sons room was in the basement of the house he and a friend lived in. It flooded, ruined his $$ gaming computer and he's living back here for awhile.

Wow. Hope your house is OK. We mostly had a lot of rain, some places 6 inches. Luckily no damage. But my sons room was in the basement of the house he and a friend lived in. It flooded, ruined his $$ gaming computer and he's living back here for awhile.
Yup thanx our home's ok.
That sign that came through the end of the trailer is maybe a mile from us by air. Lawrence Co_Ohio was on Spring break as well as some other locations. I'm in Cabell Co. and school let out early. Governor JJ let state workers off around 2pm well after the fact. More overnight.
6" of rain is intense @Carol 83
Sorry about your sons basement. These things scare me as I'm in a doublewide with a 2' addition on top.

Storm starts this am . It’s 6.15 am . Temp hovering
Just above freezing rain today . Snow ❄️ this evening and tomorrow 16 cm . Then rain Friday wind will pick up starting this afternoon . As high as 50 mph

Yup thanx our home's ok.
That sign that came through the end of the trailer is maybe a mile from us by air. Lawrence Co_Ohio was on Spring break as well as some other locations. I'm in Cabell Co. and school let out early. Governor JJ let state workers off around 2pm well after the fact. More overnight.
6" of rain is intense @Carol 83
Sorry about your sons basement. These things scare me as I'm in a doublewide with a 2' addition on top.
That’s sone crazy wind glad your place is ok

Yup it was...
20240403_111031.jpg
Not always a good idea to wait a storm out in your car.
Never a good idea to park or walk near metal poles (lightning rods) when storms are imminent.
Expecting snow showers tomorrow. Highs in low and mid 70sF Mon and Tue this week.
20240403_113436.jpg
This is just what was recorded.
Huntington Tri State airport had some damage with 92 mph.
Most wind speeds aren't recorded. Legit anemometers are few and far between.

Yup it was...
View attachment 537978
Not always a good idea to wait a storm out in your car.
Never a good idea to park or walk near metal poles (lightning rods) when storms are imminent.
Expecting snow showers tomorrow. Highs in low and mid 70sF Mon and Tue this week.
View attachment 537979
This is just what was recorded.
Huntington Tri State airport had some damage with 92 mph.
Most wind speeds aren't recorded. Legit anemometers are few and far between.
Your car is often a very safe place to wait out a storm. It offered crash and impact protection . Weather protection . The ability to alter the interior temp And the rubber tires electrically isolate you from the ground. But people are stupid . Where they park the car . Examples like you said . Plus beside a building gets you out of the wind . But gravity drops stuff off the side of the building or roof . Poor visibility and driving conditions wind snow rain . To many just pull over , large snow banks reduce the side of the road . So stopped 1/2 on 1/2 off the road in bad vis . Is poor collision spot . Get off the road . Away from harm . Same as accidents on the freeway . Don’t get out of the car and look at the accident . While talking on your phone wondering around . Like a idiot , great way to die . Stay in the car if it’s not on fire . Buckled up . If you leave walk past the ditch over the fence . Think about what your vulnerable to and reduce that .

I don't know about y'all but for me this spring stays cooler much longer than in years past. All my tropicals that I put out have little growth and my two rainbox eucalyptus died. It doesn't get to freezing temperature. However, just cool nights in the low 40's and radiation heat loss sap the strength of my tropicals. They are all struggling.

I don't know about y'all but for me this spring stays cooler much longer than in years past. All my tropicals that I put out have little growth and my two rainbox eucalyptus died. It doesn't get to freezing temperature. However, just cool nights in the low 40's and radiation heat loss sap the strength of my tropicals. They are all struggling.
It will probably be a good month and a half before I can take my trops outside.

Nothing happening here. Rain is still falling most days, most hours.
Appearently we had 80% more precipitation this year than on avergae over the last decades.

In comparison:
Annual rainfall is about 475mm (18,7 inches).
This winter alone, so betweeen October first 2023 and the 31st of March, we received 538mm (21,2 inches) rain.

Nothing happening here. Rain is still falling most days, most hours.
Appearently we had 80% more precipitation this year than on avergae over the last decades.

In comparison:
Annual rainfall is about 475mm (18,7 inches).
This winter alone, so betweeen October first 2023 and the 31st of March, we received 538mm (21,2 inches) rain.
Seems so strange on the other side of the Atlantic . We have the exact opposite

Mother Nature is helping with the spring wiring. . Plan was snow would turn to rain late yesterday afternoon . All this fell overnight , so someone is not following the plan

Attachments

• FC2F7F70-84F7-49AF-8FDC-8FF3BDA17E7A.jpeg
    FC2F7F70-84F7-49AF-8FDC-8FF3BDA17E7A.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 24FF86FA-037E-46D4-A58C-B0B2DEA5553C.jpeg
    24FF86FA-037E-46D4-A58C-B0B2DEA5553C.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 2
So snow finally transitioned to rain this afternoon. It’s going to warm up increasingly ever day for the next week. SO IM CALLING . Winter over spring is here. Boss sent me home for the weekend with a customers new f150 pickup . Told me see if any of the intermittent concerns happen . So I have a truck . Full tank of fuel . It’s spring . Just needs sone trees 🌲 or stuff to drag home 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂😂😂

Sitting up in the middle of the night trying to identify why I woke up in the first place.
Maybe it was that sensation that my house was about to be turned into one of @Japonicus' pics by the wind.😬
So far it's just been loud, no damage to anything I can afford to care about.

Sitting up in the middle of the night trying to identify why I woke up in the first place.
Maybe it was that sensation that my house was about to be turned into one of @Japonicus' pics by the wind.😬
So far it's just been loud, no damage to anything I can afford to care about.
The crest is coming downstream now. After the winds the Ohio River is a constant train of trees and branches. Mild to Moderate flooding thanks Pittsburgh. NWS has confirmed 8 tornadoes in the immediate tri-state area. Huntington actually near flood but we have 37 flood gates. Pt Pleasant WV home of Mothman is 4.2 ft above flood. Ashland KY is just above flood stage. Portsmouth OH 1 ft above goes a long long way. Pic below
20240404_162059.jpg
Forecasted 37F last night but whatdya know we had 28F here but upper 30s in town.
Sunday is pick day of the week 60F and mostly sunny.

First true nice day of spring . Snow and rain storm over . Crystal clear sky sunny and warm . 11c expect the same for 3 days Anybody planning on taking in the solar eclipse on Monday . All the buzz here . Path of totality is about 20 khm south of where I live . I’ll be in Ottawa at work , about 92 percent total . Some small cities and towns along the St Lawrence river . In the path are expecting there population to double . With watchers flooding the shore line parks . With a clear sight line south

Back
Top Bottom