Some photos of various of my deciduous trees today.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I love seeing pics of your trees. I can see they are all very well cared for. How do you have the time? You have so many trees. Not just trees but stunning trees.
Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I love seeing pics of your trees. I can see they are all very well cared for. How do you have the time? You have so many trees. Not just trees but stunning trees.
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you.

It's actually less work than you might imagine:

• I water them all roughly every day and that takes under 10 minutes (regular tap water, watering spray lance).
  • I spin a few around at the weekend and spend a couple of hours mostly taking photos.
Spring repotting can be a bit stressful...

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Thank you.

It's actually less work than you might imagine:

• I water them all roughly every day and that takes under 10 minutes (regular tap water, watering spray lance).
  • I spin a few around at the weekend and spend a couple of hours mostly taking photos.
Spring repotting can be a bit stressful...

I don't have as many tree's-around 55- and my routine is about the same, plus on the weekend is when I fertilize when needed. Though spring is a major rush with yamadori, repot's and the like!!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I don't have as many tree's-around 55- and my routine is about the same, plus on the weekend is when I fertilize when needed. Though spring is a major rush with yamadori, repot's and the like!!
Having them all in one place on a bench makes it all a LOT easier.

05096353 by Jerry Norbury, on Flickr

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Yeah that would help! some of my tree's and grow out beds are rather large so watering takes me a little bit longer.

Rose Mary

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beautiful, thank you for sharing some of your beautiful collection!

It takes me way too long to water...benches, tables and stands dragging a hose around.. Do you hand water or have a sprinkler system?

Regards
Rose
SW Oregon, usa

Reaction score
Beautiful trees, and great benches + plans. I'm looking to build benches to better display my trees and I really like the multi-tier idea. Thanks so much for sharing, hopefully my trees look this good and are presented so nicely one day!

Coach

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Wow! SUPER impressive collection. The maple, 2nd row, right side, beautiful pink foliage, variety???!!!... I could never show the pic of your benches to my wife, although I want to so that she can see how wonderful a collection can be...I have been in for a year and have about 20 trees, I think she thinks I'm "done"...of course I'm...well you know ;)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Wow! SUPER impressive collection. The maple, 2nd row, right side, beautiful pink foliage, variety???!!!... I could never show the pic of your benches to my wife, although I want to so that she can see how wonderful a collection can be...I have been in for a year and have about 20 trees, I think she thinks I'm "done"...of course I'm...well you know ;)
Cheerss.

The pink maple is an Acer Palmatum beni chidori.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Jeremy,

You're slipping my friend. I see room for at least four more trees on those benches. I'd bet with a little more rearranging and some careful teeter totting you could probably add another ten or so. I've pointed out a few areas if it will help you. :rolleyes:

Jeremy's Trees.jpg

qwade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Just curious JCM-Jerry;
What year did you obtain your first tree ? Very impressive collection!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thanks. I started collecting seedlings and small trees when I was 13 or 14 years old - then joined a club, had lessons etc (with Harry Tomlinson, Peter Adams and even with John Naka). I'm 52 now.

Top Bottom