Some pictures from the Redneck Bonsai Photo Studio

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Beautiful trees, and great lighting --

Hope you won't mind me suggesting a dollar-store upgrade: thumbtacks, string, 2 bulldog clips, and a big sheet of black poster board...
View attachment 384282
(...just not on a windy day)
Are you trying to tell me a Rubbermaid shed spray painted black doesn’t do the trick for the Redneck Bonsai Studio?!!? I will say anything from a Dollar store hits the mark, though. 😬

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That eleageanus is KIK ASS. And love the pic with the shohin stand that is a nursery pot on a bucket, that is RNB classic.

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
anything from a Dollar store hits the mark

With big enough poster board, you might be able to leave nails up & just hang the bulldog clips on 'em. Draping the poster board over your stand gives a nice fake of seamless backdrop.

Posterboard leaned against a wall, & draped over a bench --

(Someday it'll be trees!)

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Awesome trees, Dave. I hope to have some trees this nice some day.

I can totally understand why you keep the “controversial” branch on the white pine - I’d keep it too! Happy Fourth of July weekend!

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Beautiful trees, and great lighting --

Hope you won't mind me suggesting a dollar-store upgrade: thumbtacks, string, 2 bulldog clips, and a big sheet of black poster board...
View attachment 384282
(...just not on a windy day)
Thumbtacks, string and a piece of black or gray velour from the fabric store. Easier to fold and store between uses! Or use a dowel and hang on the backside of the garage door. Hooks up top when not in use and does not interfere with the door function. Two dowels, one for black and one for grey. :cool:

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Are you trying to tell me a Rubbermaid shed spray painted black doesn’t do the trick for the Redneck Bonsai Studio?!!? I will say anything from a Dollar store hits the mark, though. 😬
I see no duct tape…

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Sooooooo....
I went back and forth about letting this thread die... for good or for bad, I left the original Redneck Bonsai Photo Booth back in GA over a year ago. Still, this was one of those threads that always made me happy to update and I thoroughly loved all the responses from everyone who participated here. Anyway, I finally got around to firing up a new and improved photo booth and I decided to post those inaugural pictures here. The new spot may not have a spray painted rubbermaid shed as a backdrop or stands made out of patio furniture and plastic flower pots (maybe ;)) but I still suspect some redneckiness will show up periodically.

IMG_7586.jpgIMG_7587.jpgIMG_7589.jpgIMG_7590.jpgIMG_7591.jpgIMG_7592.jpgIMG_7595.jpgIMG_7596.jpgIMG_7597.jpgIMG_7600.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom