Source for dwarf pomegranates?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I think @HorseloverFat has some from seed.
Yes!

To be honest, they are among the most rewarding species I work with.. even from seed.

They are EASY...

They throw CRAZY roots right away, so I recommend a more potting soil-esque blend..

cover... 75 degrees... i had 70ish percent germination from a grocery store Pom...

Wet rag, rub the pulp off..rinse..

I, personally, didn’t soak or dry.

They don’t like to dry out... at all..

It APPEARS that “they don’t care”... but they do.. they are just “tough as nails”... I’ve NEVER run into “overwatering issues” with punicas... as much as you can give, is as much as they can drink (within reason, and in good substrate)

🤓

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes!

To be honest, they are among the most rewarding species I work with.. even from seed.

They are EASY...

They throw CRAZY roots right away, so I recommend a more potting soil-esque blend..

cover... 75 degrees... i had 70ish percent germination from a grocery store Pom...

It APPEARS that “they don’t care”... but they do.. they are just “tough as nails”... I’ve NEVER run into “overwatering issues” with punicas... as much as you can give, is as much as they can drink (within reason, and in good substrate)

🤓
huh, your post was not there before!

Hm. Anyhoe. Seems we agree.

San Franpsycho

Sapling
Reaction score
Yes!

They are EASY...

🤓

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I feel it important to point out that whatever VARIETY of poms I grow.. they are not dwarf.. they DO have smaller leaves (avg. .6-1”((First push)))... but not dwarf.

I will have some from cutting (amongst a bunch of other “shat”) to sell by July.. I will post HERE (in the selling forum) as well as locally..

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I just received a dozen seedlings from Richters in Ontario. IDK if they ship to the states. Call me in ten years and we'll see what I have

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I just received a dozen seedlings from Richters in Ontario. IDK if they ship to the states. Call me in ten years and we'll see what I have

It has been a few years since I last ordered from Richters but they do ship live plants to USA. Seed requires less paperwork but both seed and live plants can be shipped by Richters into the USA.

James W.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Looks like they have only "Nana"
Anybody have any of the other colors of flowers?

Top Bottom