Source for Elms

FrankP999

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am looking for a good source for elms. I would like some seedlings that I can plant in the ground and also some pre-bonsai in different varities. Thanks

Frank

nip

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
What type of elm?

Try these:

evergreengardenworks.com

wigertsbonsai.com

schleysbonsai.com

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I purchased several dwarf varieties- Hokkaido and Seiju- from evergreengardenworks several years ago- nice trees at a nice price.

Dave-

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Chris...

If you don't get some trees up on that website when you are done rebuildin it.... I'll be sad. I know your stock is amazing... but I also can't get down there often. I'll shop if there's something to browse... ;)

I still want to snag one of Lisa's shohins some time... those things are HAWT!

V

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Chris...

If you don't get some trees up on that website when you are done rebuildin it.... I'll be sad. I know your stock is amazing... but I also can't get down there often. I'll shop if there's something to browse... ;)

I still want to snag one of Lisa's shohins some time... those things are HAWT!

V

I'd echo the thoughts about putting trees up on the website. I know for me that I'm much more apt to buy something if I go to a website and see pictures, rather than go to a website to read a list of available trees, ask the seller if they have a tree in a particular size, and then have to wait for pictures from the seller. I've seen pictures of some of the stuff that comes out of the Pacific NW - I'm sure there's a market of people from the East Coast willing to buy trees of that quality, and not have to fly cross country to do so.

Then again, I know taking good pictures of lots of trees and uploading them to a website takes quite a bit of work.

capnk

Mame
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the encouragement.
I make a little progress on the new website everyday, and there will be lots of pictures.
Keep checking in, and thanks for your interest.
Chris

Top Bottom