Stoned...

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
This is working well, though... keeping a real consistent and controlled pressure.

Just swappin water periodically.83C6DA38-AF46-4EC9-823C-6637A6E64D93.jpeg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
That was EASILY my most successful stacking/firing yet!

I believe it was due to the newer arrangement of the top shelf, including an internal buffer plate set IN from my exhaust (Inspired by an awesome gas-firing video by Washington Street), as well as the tank submersion.

I am very excited to unload.

2D06B2A1-55D9-4CE1-B460-F4A198433095.jpeg
Fire “timed in” at JUST under ten hours.. nice and slow.

I was able to grip the reigns tight enough to keep my first 3 hours within quartz-inversion temps.. it was tough to stay that slow.
🤣🤣

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's a beauty, but I bet smaller, unopened cones would be easier texture rollers 😉

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Also planning on using an electric blanket, or submerging my tanks.. to keep my pressure during the final 1/3 consistent... my lines don’t freeze, due to the regulator hose I use, but my tank starts icing up towards that last 1/3.

I been thinking about running a closed loop of 1/4in copper with water or antifreeze, coiled around the bottom of the tank then run near the kiln to pickup heat. May need a pressure relief valve for safety. I think you can design it pumpless, that little bit of heat could be enough to keep it from freezing.

Then again.....
Keeping full tanks with a valve to switch between the 2 is easier.

Pics of the last firing?

Sorce

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I been thinking about running a closed loop of 1/4in copper with water or antifreeze, coiled around the bottom of the tank then run near the kiln to pickup heat. May need a pressure relief valve for safety. I think you can design it pumpless, that little bit of heat could be enough to keep it from freezing.

Then again.....
Keeping full tanks with a valve to switch between the 2 is easier.

Pics of the last firing?

Sorce
Just submersion helped a TON... I was thinking just USING some Antifreeze in the tote..

Your system sounds good for bigger tanks, though.

Actually.. mostly.. sold everything from that load.. I will send pics of my “not sales floor quality” few

I warped my bottom shelf, too!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I warped my bottom shelf, too!
Which really only affected this piece... it’s a shame.. because besides the “twist-warp” of that one corner, causing it to sit askew and trashing that one straight-line, everything came together really nicely on this one.95955386-B06E-4E31-BA5D-CDCBFF7264B2.jpegCD1EDD2F-FB8F-4647-AA8A-7B8D9570C9BF.jpeg2E21FC84-3D19-4E5D-8E3D-38B0839CF32A.jpegFFA2DBDA-B726-4EF7-B9F7-3502F858BC6C.jpeg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
(Cont.)

This one(pictured somewhere else, actually) is a deeper, textured round that I am quite fond of... however.. I had a stupid pinch-pot explosion... this piece was right next to said stupid pinch-pot.. so a nice big chip got “blasted” off a portion of the best face.. other than that.. it’s straight and sturdy. 🤓432C6C44-2E10-43FB-A00B-A109BCC36C7F.jpegCC85F36E-B806-49CC-AE68-21851176BA30.jpeg44E12FC8-84A3-4CAC-A99A-B5130C72C5D6.jpeg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I try to keep “critters OUT of my area.. but you ARE right..

Hmmm.

I’ll just use the tote lids IN-BETWEEN firings.

Thank you, I had not considered that!

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Everclear
Now even I know that burns REAL nice... 🙄

I bought a bottle about 20 years ago, here in Florida, and they were careful to tell me to keep it away from heat 😧 -- made me think of when disposable lighters were new, & my Fla. cousins reported some friend's windshield getting blown out because he'd left one on the dashboard in the sun.

(Don't mind me, some mornings I have energy & it burns off as chatter...😳)

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Leaving home... looking for “wild-as-hell American Locals”... realizing that MOST of them lived where I left!

🤣🤣

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I remember using everclear to make molotovs to throw at cement silos after dark...

...nya-ha-ha-ha.. Wisconsin...
Oh, lordy -- you win!
And you woulda loved my former boss, who grew up on a farm in Illinois -- they made explosive stuff too. How the adults never suspected the blast patterns in the fields, I dunno...

Top Bottom