mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Gotcha, friend!

I will be in touch.

Does Georgies ship?.

.. It was hard to tell exactly, from the site, whether they SHIP.. or simply DELIVER more locally.

I figured I'd ask you first, before attempting to call in an order for 'sconsin.
Call them, they probably would. If not let me know.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Don't worry, @19Mateo83 , I haven't forgotten.

Yours will be my next "Pot Throw"

:)
Take your time my friend, I can be patient….especially for a masterpiece to be born. Plus… repotting season is a whole 10 months away 😉 The texture in post #691 is fantastic …and….if you could pull it off…I bet the brick on your fireplace surround would make a fantastic texture if you could figure out how to transfer it without getting the clay stuck in the bricks. Also… I may send you a piece of dead coral to play around with for textures. The coral polyps may be a pretty sweeeeet texture for a pot.

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Take your time my friend, I can be patient….especially for a masterpiece to be born. Plus… repotting season is a whole 10 months away 😉 The texture in post #691 is fantastic …and….if you could pull it off…I bet the brick on your fireplace surround would make a fantastic texture if you could figure out how to transfer it without getting the clay stuck in the bricks. Also… I may send you a piece of dead coral to play around with for textures. The coral polyps may be a pretty sweeeeet texture for a pot.
This is pretty neat.0BBC14ED-453C-4D0A-A9CD-029E014E3360.jpeg

The piece of brick WOULD be cool... but goes against some of my structuring/texturing principles...

Man-made structures/textures CAN be textured with man-made implements... but is not really my style.

Natural texture.. can NEVER (in my opinion) be handmade... it always shows... has "Human Handwriting"

😂

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I’d love to have something with this bubble texture but with the opposite from what he did in this video.
I now know you use a gas reduction kiln and these bright colors would have to be earth tones (it would look better with earth tones on a pot anyway) but this would make for something very unique.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I’d love to have something with this bubble texture but with the opposite from what he did in this video.
I now know you use a gas reduction kiln and these bright colors would have to be earth tones (it would look better with earth tones on a pot anyway) but this would make for something very unique.
That's groovy!!!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Started on third "Octo-round" to fill out this kiln load.

These "Octo-Round" pieces are all done as.. "Handbuilt Rounds, Par-Textured (Pattern.. with Natural Implements), finished in my "Overworked/Maker's Handprint" style..

I like them a lot... and can't wait to present them, FINISHED.

96BE0B05-FBFF-4A83-842B-47154B55983F.jpegE9440225-35E5-4392-B0E4-0A3480F46461.jpeg
(Roughly half done with moistwork on this piece.... just an early 'sneak peak')

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Uhhhg..

One my smoothest fires..

But yielded ALL "not ready for prime time" pieces.

Two of the older pieces I EXPECTED to fail.. but I was partial
to, so was planning on planting my OWN trees in them.

But the Amaco no 38... shrinks like porcelain.. more than I expected...
So on the pieces I REALLY like... there are some foot separation and shrink-crack issues.

But here they are.. I LEARNED a lot.
191229E0-0824-4016-A91E-36A12ADD55DC.jpeg1F000EFF-DDD5-477A-9BAE-6A51BA7086AD.jpegED24906F-7DE7-418C-8E76-D915E0803DD2.jpeg76A650C0-902F-47B8-9634-F9FE6A22476F.jpeg9BF23161-64A6-48C7-AC4D-36DE4D1DF8A5.jpeg

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
View attachment 446295

Back on the wagon... (clay wagon)

With how busy I am.. I have sacrificed much sleep for these pieces... 😂View attachment 446296View attachment 446297View attachment 446298View attachment 446299

Both ready for dry work (but one not fully dry yet)
I always start to worry when I haven't seen any work from you in a while.
Even though you texted me some of this the other day, there's something extra satisfying to see you post it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm really digging that speckled white rectangle.
By the time I have money to afford to buy any of your stuff, you'll be so good I won't be able to afford to buy any of your stuff.

PS: that round in the first pic is pretty awesome too. Reminds me of dragon scales.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Unfortunately those 2 larger pieces actually failed... I was trying to make this clay work... That JUST is not for my purposes... However, I learned so much on these pieces glazewise... I will post up for sale (the keepers) after the next fire... And Carol, I can definitely recreate that glaze. :) They are all my little Dr.LoverFat's monsters. 🤣🤣🤣

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I've been playing around with textures on stoneware as well. I used a broken piece of a geode to make these marks.

View attachment 453736
Cool!!!! I've used small geodes before!!

I like desert rose, pumice and coral, also.

And corncobs, seed pods/pits and crystals.

So much more... I need a closet JUST for texture stuff....

What clay is that? Looks nice!

I'd recommend texturing either EARLIER... or using some corn starch on your items.. you want the grog and clay to 'create a surface' as ONE.

Do you get to play "kiln master" as well?

What's your set-up/situation? Let's talk!

🤓

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've been playing around with textures on stoneware as well. I used a broken piece of a geode to make these marks.

View attachment 453736
That's a good looking pot. Of course I am all about textures. But oddly enough my other preference is burnished as shiny as a baby's but. A successful texture requires more thought but a good burnish requires more work.

Top Bottom