Tanuki.....my way

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So 8 months ago I bought an aquarium driftwood in aliexpress. I didn't want it to rot fast, so I decided to apply some lasur ( an open-pore wood preserver) and tried to keep it out of the humid soil, After some though I decided to screw it to a board and wire that board to the pot, so that it almost floated over yhe top soil.....Not exactly what you see in this pics but I think you can catch the idea:

IMG_20220402_170018.jpg IMG_20220402_170012.jpg

Now it looks like this, (I added a violet and a white mexican heathers), and the tanuki is rock fixed and almost over the soil

JMK_0998.jpg

As I said this was my way......what is yours?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
That's pretty stupendous-looking!

The live vein running up.. making the assumed "edge" of the hollow is wonderfully executed...

Does this tree produce the correct cells at the correct locations/times for the tanuki
to actually take/actualize

Or is it a "let's find out" situation.

Either way... your procedure and follow-through here is excellent.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Can i see a close up
of the contact points on that lower branch?

Did you find/make a groove?

Any chance you COULD have gone UNDER... at SOME point in that branch?

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can i see a close up
of the contact points on that lower branch?

Did you find/make a groove?

Any chance you COULD have gone UNDER... at SOME point in that branch?
I used the natural hollows of the diftwood. Would it be necessary I could have carved it, and I don't discard to do it in the future, but I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I used the natural hollows of the diftwood. Would it be necessary I could have carved it, and I don't discard to do it in the future, but I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

Understood, entirely!

I just wanted to make sure that there WAS a groove.

I'm excited to see what happens.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
So 8 months ago I bought an aquarium driftwood in aliexpress. I didn't want it to rot fast, so I decided to apply some lasur ( an open-pore wood preserver) and tried to keep it out of the humid soil, After some though I decided to screw it to a board and wire that board to the pot, so that it almost floated over yhe top soil.....Not exactly what you see in this pics but I think you can catch the idea:

View attachment 450737 View attachment 450739

Now it looks like this, (I added a violet and a white mexican heathers), and the tanuki is rock fixed and almost over the soil

View attachment 450738

As I said this was my way......what is yours?
Beautifully done.

Top Bottom