Tecomaria capensis (Cape Honeysuckle) progress

YamadoriFL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Here it is today. Got some nice back budding and actually got a bud pop yesterday from a branch I broke on accident. :cool:

IMG_0695.JPG

A lot of back budding from this branch.
IMG_8231.JPG

Bud popped on what I thought may be a dead branch. I'm gonna use it.
IMG_3534 copy.JPG

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I like this alot! A few real interesting ways to take it..

What are your plans? (If you don’t mind me asking)

🤓

YamadoriFL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Thanks @HorseloverFat

You know, I really don’t know what my plans are for this one. And no I don’t mind you asking, LOL. I’m not new to growing plants but I am new to bonsai and although I don’t even consider this bonsai yet, my best intentions with this one will be continued clip and grow and see how it plays out.

With that said, I do welcome comments :)

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Thanks @HorseloverFat

You know, I really don’t know what my plans are for this one. And no I don’t mind you asking, LOL. I’m not new to growing plants but I am new to bonsai and although I don’t even consider this bonsai yet, my best intentions with this one will be continued clip and grow and see how it plays out.

With that said, I do welcome comments :)

The first thing, design-wise, that I’d consider.. was whether or not I was planning on utilizing that lower right branch in my structure.. and just how much of it. 🤓

Totally awesome if I WAS or WASN’T... but that’d be the first thing I’d consider.. (obviously not talking about making any moves yet this season... just planning)

YamadoriFL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
@HorseloverFat LOL funny you mention that lower right branch.
I had one thought of actually making that the new leader

I don’t know, let em grow for now;)

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I can see two or three other real interesting “paths of thought“ here, to consider. Y’know.. keeping the mind “limber”

I normally just look for basic lines to build from, pleasing visual lines existing within the shapes of the structure.

I can see several such pleasing basic shapes in your tree, but there are many more. i’ve just highlighted some of the “lines” that I, personally enjoyed while observing your tree, if you’d care to see them.

YamadoriFL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Update on this one. She just lost a lot of orange flowers…

D596C288-EC5C-4DE0-9FD2-55057A880C9F.jpeg919E4D7D-5F4A-466A-87F0-1C2B1AFCEB6E.jpeg

Top Bottom