The 2018 Holiday Gift List Thread

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice what about for root pruning?
Kandeshin makes a great scissors for root pruning. Actually, a couple different models.

They are bent just behind the hinge, so that when you use them to cut the bottom of the root ball flat, your fingers aren’t scraping the bottom of the root ball.

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a book, I suggest “the book of tea”
it’s kinda about the spirit behind the tea ceremony, but much more then just that .
It also may help in eastern art appreciation and understanding. It’s a good book.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Five years ago today, my wife began chemo for a cancer that she was not likely to survive. This Christmas she's getting me a little Hongkong kumquat, Fortunella hindsii. So I'm good. :)

What's more, while we don't have our own house, I do have a place for a few plants. :)

Here's the a crap picture of the kumquat and a root cutting that came from the report. It's nicer than I thought it would be with a about a half inch trunk. I really hope the root cutting lives. It's super twisted. :)

IMG_20181223_152930319_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181223_153057718_HDR.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Not Bonsai, but the Botanical Gardens in St. Louis has an "Arbor Lights" display for Christmas, I really wanted to see, with the garden covered in lights. My husband had no interest, but my son bought the two of us tickets for tomorrow night for my Christmas gift. Really thoughtful gift, and mom and son bonding time.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Not Bonsai, but the Botanical Gardens in St. Louis has an "Arbor Lights" display for Christmas, I really wanted to see, with the garden covered in lights. My husband had no interest, but my son bought the two of us tickets for tomorrow night for my Christmas gift. Really thoughtful gift, and mom and son bonding time.

This makes me happy for you!

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This was an unexpected Christmas gift.
Last year my dad went with me to collect trees on our property. I had borrowed a reciprocating saw and extra battery from a friend. I got a few trees but both battery ran down fairly quick, it was a small saw. My Dad started asking me questions about the saw, I had been reading about them and told him the specs and ratings of what I read was good. It never came back up until Christmas, he got this for me. This is a special gift as our family does not do gifts of the $ize and from my Dad. It's a monster .... hope to use it soon.

DSC_0914.jpg

Top Bottom