The big stick in a pot, Doing Taxus

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
So how have you changed yur watering? The tree seems to have adapted to whatever you are doing.

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I changed my watering schedule to once a week. And if it rain I don't water at all, just overhead showers the needles a bit morning and evening. I didn't water the past month since it rained at least once a week. I'm happy to say that the brown tips went away and things are looking up so far :).

What they say is true. Sometimes they recover best when you do nothing.

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
It's filling out a bit more. Now that it's hotter, I've been watering twice a week if no rain. Probably can get away with just once a week since it's still in original heavy clay. I switches up among regular Miracle Grow regular, Acidic, and fish sauce every watering.

Side by side since last month.
BY19_1_2018.jpg BY19_2_2018.jpg

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Haven't updated since July. It went through the hot summer months really well. Longest growths are around 1.5 to nearly 2 feet. I think it's still slowly growing as the tips on some are still light green.
BY20_0_2018.jpg

Hard to tell but bottom of first pic shows what I think are next year's buds. These things gets dense cause of them side shoots looking at second pic.
BY20_1_2018.jpg BY20_2_2018.jpg

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Man I don't know what's up with this little guy, but it went from 0-100 real quick! I ran out of time to bareroot and repot it. Too lat now, so I have to watch my watering again :rolleyes:. Definately need to remove a panel or two to inspect for new roots.

Looks like green flowers!:cool:
BY01_2019.jpg

Top Bottom