The reason why I never throw away scrap wood!

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah man. That is a super cozy looking set up you built. It means even more when its built from stuff that lied around waiting for initiative. Great stuff...;)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Joe just joined the @Steve C club of creepy shit in my yard!

Funeral homes and graveyards!

At least you know you can plant a tree to grow out there and ain't no one gonna go digging it up on ya!

I dig the recycling!

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Looking good...though, I could personally never feel confident with something not anchored in the ground. We have strong winds come across our place. I even have the one bench that is more in the open...my pot bungee corded to it.

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
Looking good...though, I could personally never feel confident with something not anchored in the ground. We have strong winds come across our place. I even have the one bench that is more in the open...my pot bungee corded to it.

The main post is actually screwed to the two blocks from bottom and the two blocks together weigh around 40-50lbs. Plus, the blocks are 3" high and recessed in the ground 2.75":) This thing ain't going nowhere!

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
Joe just joined the @Steve C club of creepy shit in my yard!

Funeral homes and graveyards!

At least you know you can plant a tree to grow out there and ain't no one gonna go digging it up on ya!

I dig the recycling!

Sorce

This just motivated me to make it even weirder! I think I'll make a "Japanese Maple Parking Only" sign to put on it:)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The main post is actually screwed to the two blocks from bottom and the two blocks together weigh around 40-50lbs. Plus, the blocks are 3" high and recessed in the ground 2.75":) This thing ain't going nowhere!

Ahhh I thought it was resting on some kind of paver stone. With only the wood flanking the post. What are the dimensions? So I can get a feel for its overall size.

Top Bottom