The Tree Thread

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
Some work done on this red pine

Just posting to say I think that’s really good.

Picture to make the post legit - root-over-rock Yew material (currently up for sale).
Thanx! Some shorter needles would be nice though.The tree was decandled but still grow long second flush needles. I may have fertilized too close to the decandling. Better timing next time.
my beech now naked.
50DF7C7B-C628-4C1B-8BD9-227D05C0560F.jpeg440B3A37-78BD-47D0-A560-EBF9168895B9.jpeg

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
A couple of shohin Acer palmatum forests. In the coming years I will be creating many of these small compositions. Many will be for sale... eventually.

The left one is 3 years old and the right one is 2.

IMG_7329.jpg

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
I like shohin forests, you don't often see them displayed. I'm working on some as well - these are birches, grown from seedlings. They need some pruning and tidying up; I'll do that in the spring once the buds start moving to avoid dieback.
IMG_1482.jpg

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
This weekend’s work on my chuhin-sized exposed root Scots pine. Plan for next season is rounding off the apex and extending the bottom right branch, while keeping other areas in check.8FDAC455-217E-42C9-B295-BC9E388DAA02.jpeg

ralf

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The idea is to show pictures of your own trees. The idea behind the thread it to get pictures going of everyone :)
View attachment 340890
Beech, first steps
Keep fingers crossed in a hope that this beech will survice without dieback. I hope there is at least one bud on each of the pruned branches ( first on the left side and the one on the top ) left - not seen from this side...

Sorry to mess into this nice thread without sharing any of my plants but this is quite important horticultural aspect regarding beeches.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Keep fingers crossed in a hope that this beech will survice without dieback. I hope there is at least one bud on each of the pruned branches ( first on the left side and the one on the top ) left - not seen from this side...
There will be no die-back on this tree. Beech will backbud like manic if pruned like this AND are healthy/established.

People worry too much about die-back.

Sorry to mess into this nice thread without sharing any of my plants but this is quite important horticultural aspect regarding beeches.
You do owe the thread a picture of your own trees now though :)

Sunday working in late-afternoon sun on a Larch renovation. Tree bought Saturday from a passed-away bonsai artist.

1606823638468.png

Top Bottom