The Tree Thread

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
This also apple tree, an air layer I started in a summer if 2016 but it was really too late, I separated in summer of last year. It has a lot of flowers, though the main mother tree doesn’t have any now..
2490434F-BA37-4712-8866-60FFAA1F5415.jpeg

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
visit to my local bonsai nursery today, they have some pretty amazing imported Japanese Yew Yamadori
windy banks by Bobby Lane, on Flickr

Japanese Beech

azalea

This Cork bark elm was very tempting

japanese maples

stewartia

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Bobby, for this thread, the trees are supposed to be YOUR trees, not trees for sale.

So... I guess you need to tell your wife you mortgaged the house to buy a dozen trees!

Here’s my contribution: “Godzilla’s Daughter”

5BE923F1-B96B-4496-A23B-5E23E6BB8F69.jpeg

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
The best looking spring growth I've ever had on my trident. Very flat rounded leaves, no deformation, damage, or signs of disease. This is actually a variegated cultivar but I haven't seen variegation since the first year I had it. Maybe you can see a few leaves with it in this photo. Here is is prior to thinning and removing some new growth:

DSC01883.JPG

The apex really flushed out like mad. Cut back a lot of shoots and hoping for stronger development in my lower and mid branches. No post work pictures yet though.

DSC01885.JPG

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I potted up this Shohin JBP today. It’s been grown in a round terra cotta pot. Until today. I tried to get it onto a standard rectangular Shohin pot today, but the nebari is too wide!

Hmm, looked around and found this Antique Chinese pot. I hope it looks ok...

EA82D4EB-6A38-415C-AF1B-C78EB692EBAF.jpeg

Oh, Frary? Posting pretty girls in this thread does not give you a waiver from the rules! You owe us a picture of one of your trees!

Top Bottom