The Tree Thread

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yellow Alaskan Cedar, native species collected yamadori. Have previously repotted, cleaned up deadwood and begun styling. Working now on foliage. A work in progress over the past four years and a new species to learn.

Attachments

• IMG_1066.JPG
    IMG_1066.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1067.JPG
    IMG_1067.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1069.JPG
    IMG_1069.JPG
    358.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1070.JPG
    IMG_1070.JPG
    337.6 KB · Views: 56

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
last one for the morning trim session today. This tskumo cypress is on the way to the barber. Time to thin and trim. Needs space for the tiny birds to fly through!

Attachments

• IMG_1075.JPG
    IMG_1075.JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 48

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Yellow Alaskan Cedar, native species collected yamadori. Have previously repotted, cleaned up deadwood and begun styling. Working now on foliage. A work in progress over the past four years and a new species to learn.
Man, I love everything about that first photo...up to and including the incredible view! Nice tree too, unique for sure.
Corkbark Black Pine, Kyokko Yatsabusa in a dirty Gyouzan pot.
57684221-26AD-4BFA-BECB-34325A3A3F7B.jpeg

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I don't mean to be critical of your photography but your photography makes being critical of it mandatory. If you want to post pictures of your trees because you are more or less proud of them then make sure the back ground is less light and bright than the subject or use a flash. Oterwise your camera's auto sensors will adjust the photo for the strongest light source; your back ground. Lovely as it is it is not the tree.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Man, I love everything about that first photo...up to and including the incredible view! Nice tree too, unique for sure.
Corkbark Black Pine, Kyokko Yatsabusa in a dirty Gyouzan pot.
View attachment 197639
Thanks Brian, this is becoming a favourite tree for me. Wake up every morning feeling blessed by the view out back. Our acreage borders wilderness and protected park areas under the shadow of Mt. Arrowsmith. Mountain hemlock collected three weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    487.7 KB · Views: 58

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I don't mean to be critical of your photography but your photography makes being critical of it mandatory. If you want to post pictures of your trees because you are more or less proud of them then make sure the back ground is less light and bright than the subject or use a flash. Oterwise your camera's auto sensors will adjust the photo for the strongest light source; your back ground. Lovely as it is it is not the tree.
I don’t mean to be critical either, but this is the tree thread, and you now owe it 2 photos.?
35E64BDE-3F62-4C2F-A19C-0F2447682B6B.jpeg

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Your mandatory objection is noted. God Bless You!
Ginko winter scene.

Attachments

• IMG_9155.jpg
    IMG_9155.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 50

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, I owe two.....my Father's Day was some wobbly pops and some "fine dining".....first place had my favorite beer on tap....11% BAV......so how I even posted something at 8:30 pm is a feat in and of itself!!!

Sorry!!!!:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DSC02459.JPG DSC02460.JPG

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Attachments

• Twin Trunk Mt. Hemlock Nov17.jpg