To draw or not to draw...

Lauren Shisler

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've been in a sketching mood recently (after the purchase of a new iPad Pro and Apple Pencil ..and a very long hiatus of not drawing..) and was wondering if any of you Nutcases draw/paint as well! I'd love to see some photos of your art work!

image.png
I saw this ugly looking bonsai in my grocery store, and got the urge to sketch it! Also many of these were from my high school days...(4+yr. old)
image.png

image.png

image.png

There is a huge difference between my skill with an actual pencil and paper vs my iPad..lol :)

Heavy_Set

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7/8
I used to draw/paint alot more than i do now...:(

I was heavily involved in street art as a youth,so painting letters that dont look like letters is my thing.wall1.png

But sometimes i still draw when i get a few free moments, like this likeness of the Violator from the Spawn comics:eek: IMG_20150624_142031.jpg in line at the post office....pen on shipping package :confused:

Last edited:

Heavy_Set

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7/8
I know how you feel, i never feel like I have the time or inspiration anymore!
I also really dig your second picture.
Thanks, and i also like your drawings:)
Lately my time is consumed with digging up trees and continuous fussing with said trees, but i am feeling the art bug heavily as of recent.
Ive never been able to draw realistic things.....only letters and cartoonish characters. I have a few recent attempts at drawing bonsai trees on paper... but i think i need some spray paint and a BIG wall to properly convey my vision:D
I attached a vid we made back when i painted that piece in the first photo in case anyone wants to see the process:)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Actually the better the artist...the better to draw a direction you wish your tree to go. It's a good thing. Many hear are very talented with their virtuals of trees. I used to draw and paint years ago...time and family put other things in priority. But...I need to get back to at least sketching my trees.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Very nice drawings.

I used to draw a lot when I was younger. College, jobs and real life got in the way.

Lauren Shisler

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Very nice drawings.

I used to draw a lot when I was younger. College, jobs and real life got in the way.

thats literally the situation I am currently in. Getting ready to finish my BBH degree at PennState, and then off to nursing school. while working weekends..

im just waiting for the day I have a nervous break down and shave my head like Brittany Spears.

skyrat

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I do. I drew the picture that I'm using as my avatar.

Top Bottom