To repot, or not to repot

Guns286

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hi. I have a couple of Willow cuttings planted in pots. They have only been in there for a month. I'm happy because I see some buds starting to form, so I would assume that roots are forming. The problem is that the soil I have them in was a concoction I made that appears to be to dense and compact. It also contains American kitty litter, which I hear will turn to mush pretty quickly.
Should I replant them into better soil and run the risk of damaging the new roots? Or should I just leave them in the subpar soil until next spring? HELP!

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hi. I have a couple of Willow cuttings planted in pots. They have only been in there for a month. I'm happy because I see some buds starting to form, so I would assume that roots are forming. The problem is that the soil I have them in was a concoction I made that appears to be to dense and compact. It also contains American kitty litter, which I hear will turn to mush pretty quickly.
Should I replant them into better soil and run the risk of damaging the new roots? Or should I just leave them in the subpar soil until next spring? HELP!

Those can and do live in wet mush quite well. Myself I would let them be until Spring so they go into Winter healthy and strong rather then stressed. In Spring you will be far more pleased.

Grimmy

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They're willows dude. You can grow it in a bucket of water.

Top Bottom