Tokonoma in my garden

Ruddigger

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Nice work. I thought you were going to make the front an access door tho?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Very nice job, love it.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well done! Excellent woodworking. I particular like the tree trunk post on the right side.…it’s a excellent addition on that open side that invites a casual relief to a formal presentation. Mighty fine work!

Marco B

Mame
Reaction score
Well done! Excellent woodworking. I particular like the tree trunk post on the right side.…it’s a excellent addition on that open side that invites a casual relief to a formal presentation. Mighty fine work!
Thanks! I'm very happy with the result so far! Reason for the open side at the right is the gardenroom at that side. Now I can look easily inside the Tokonoma from that place. I also wil place some light into the Tokonoma so I can also look by night.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks! I'm very happy with the result so far! Reason for the open side at the right is the gardenroom at that side. Now I can look easily inside the Tokonoma from that place. I also wil place some light into the Tokonoma so I can also look by night.
That will look fabulous.
The other woodworking direction I like is the way you brought dimensional texture to the lower front panels. It would have been easy to just create a flat panel front, however, you took it to a good new level by overlapping boards. Excellent details.

Mycin

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Love it. You had great vision and brought it to life very well.

Can you tell us about the tree stand seen in your latest picture?

Marco B

Mame
Reaction score
Love it. You had great vision and brought it to life very well.

Can you tell us about the tree stand seen in your latest picture?
Thanks! I also made that treestand myself. The wooden part of it is made of very old Oakwood. The legs are made of concrete, as I couldn't get real old rail anchors. So the only way to get them was make them! :)). Some details of the stand (with also an old Oak on it:
IMG_0756.JPGIMG_0740.jpegIMG_0696.jpeg

Ruddigger

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Thats a great idea. I’m going to start picking up those old rail anchors laying around at work.

Marco B

Mame
Reaction score
Thats a great idea. I’m going to start picking up those old rail anchors laying around at work.
Ow really?! I only could get from the other side of the world, for too much money...

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The expression: I didn’t see that one coming. Concrete….I would not have guessed that construction. I thought steel for sure. You’ve done an incredibly impressive job of aging and weathering them. Mighty fine for sure!

Marco B

Mame
Reaction score
The expression: I didn’t see that one coming. Concrete….I would not have guessed that construction. I thought steel for sure. You’ve done an incredibly impressive job of aging and weathering them. Mighty fine for sure!
Thanks, You can treat almost every surface with the right stuff to reach this effect. It's not a big deal, if you know what you need to do.

thatguy

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This is really beautiful. Nicely done! Thanks for sharing your process and for the inspiration.

Ruddigger

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Everything is fantastic in that picture. I’m getting Bjorn vibes from that tree.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I liked it in the daylight, but lit up like that at night, it's really beautiful.

Top Bottom