Tree fell over :(

Stacey

Seedling
Reaction score
I got my first bonsai tree about three weeks ago so I'm new to caring for bonsai and other plants in general. My father knocked over my jade bonsai that was on the windowsill onto the floor. I did not see it happen but it didn't seem like the tree fell out of the plastic pot that the tree is in. It just looked like it fell out of the glass pot that was holding the plastic one. I only saw two leaves cracked and I took those off. The tiny rocks that are on top of the soil mostly came out but I did see a small amount of soil fell also. He put back some of the rocks that fell on the ground. Would that cause the tree to get sick at all?
Also since some soil fell out I can see small roots. Should I do something?
I might be overthinking things but I just want to make sure my tree will be ok.

Reaction score
Your just fine. Just maybe keep it out of direct sunlight for a day or 2 and things will be back to normal. I have dropped pots that cracked open and exposed soil and roots. I slowly picked it up, into a new pot, and nothing came of it. Yeah some trees might get a little stressed and wilt, but that's it. Unless some serious damage was done which don't sound like the case here. Anyways Welcome to the art Bonsai!
You'll have 10+ trees before this season is over ha ha!!

KingJades

Shohin
Reaction score
Jades are strong little buggers and it takes a lot to kill them.

I had a cascade fall over two days ago when the wind caught it.
I also had a shelving unit crush a mame, breaking branches off and everything. I rooted the branches!

Both trees are just fine today.

You'll do okay.

Stacey

Seedling
Reaction score
Jades are strong little buggers and it takes a lot to kill them.

I had a cascade fall over two days ago when the wind caught it.
I also had a shelving unit crush a mame, breaking branches off and everything. I rooted the branches!

Both trees are just fine today.

You'll do okay.
Thank you :)

Top Bottom