Two new youtube channels to follow!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Isn't he the guy that lived with/apprenticed for Bill V.?

Yes. His father's book was the first bonsai book I bought. Big hardcover so the specimen pictures are nice and big. Information is a bit basic and all-encompassing, (most care tips are the same).

Huggz13

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
You see the Bonsai Releaf guy’s latest vid features Greenwood / Corin?

He’s on facebook too - also keeping a low profile! www.facebook.com/bonsaireleaf
Yeah he also was flipping through one of Harry Tomlinson’s books with his nephew.

I would venture that he has a relationship with the Tomlinsons and maybe even studied under Harry or Corin Tomlinson.

Might live somewhere near Nottingham.

keri-wms

Shohin
Reaction score
Yeah he also was flipping through one of Harry Tomlinson’s books with his nephew.

I would venture that he has a relationship with the Tomlinsons and maybe even studied under Harry or Corin Tomlinson.

Might live somewhere near Nottingham.
Possible. I was last there as a kid, doing a workshop with Harry - he gave me a free tree as I was leaving, was a nice guy.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I see bonsaijunkie is back on youtube again, he has lots of fun videos, his style is more geared towards gnarled, beautifully grotesque trees he finds in the English countryside, be warned...

I think you can only watch on YT from this link btw

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
These Prunus mahalebs are really an amazing species for bonsai. love the second one in this vid

@AlainK will love these;)

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
This is a good video. when people talk about not being able to hone their eye or not knowing what to remove from material with lots of options. It helps massively seeing what professionals do.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Nice field grown Trident

Ive been subbed to this guy a while, he definitely knows his stuff

Last edited:

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I actually attempted this once on a beech and ended up peeling off most of the bark and discarding the tree!
This looks pretty decent what he's done here, you wouldnt know, if he didnt mention it

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I thought this had been mentioned so apologies if doubling up here. Shannon Salyer has started a YouTube channel, he has two up and here's the shorter one

Looking forward to what he puts out in the future as he focuses a lot on shohin.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
we dont see much native Pear and Apple. couple natural, rugged examples here. maybe will inspire someone!

Top Bottom