Using hydrogen peroxide solution on my trees.

Reaction score
I thought I was done with this thread but it is an exercise in futility. You can attempt to analyze the crap out of it, you can try it, or you can ignore it. But like anything else in life, if it works for you, nobody is going to convince you that it doesn't. If you are convinced it is snake oil, no one is going to convince you otherwise.
And THATS the bottom line...well stated penumbra.

Reaction score
We're always going to have conflicting ideas but sometimes its the process of 2 or more members engaging in a competitive manner that truly allows other memebers to learn some awesome stuff...competing minds bring forth a wealth of knowledge!
I think its very healthy and I encourage it : )

AnutterBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Just let me know when you are going to the society meeting. I am usually there, but not as often as I like to have at the study group meeting as it is about an hour drive each way; since we are retired and we get up at whatever time we are up, by the tome we are there is only an hour left for the group.
Oh very kind of you, thank you! Will do.

Chuah

Shohin
Reaction score
Thanks! and yes, ive been meaning to meet him and also thank him for his great blog as well, learned a lot from his blog. but each time he shows at the events, Life has got me needing me somewhere else :/
Will you be at the HBS fall show this Saturday at the Mercer Arboretum? I am supposed to do a demo but I think I will do something else. At every club show there is always demo, and how many do we really need? I think members, especially those new to bonsai, would like to know how to maintain their bonsai during fall and winter. I will show JBP Fall needle plucking and energy balance. If you will coming, I can bring an azalea to talk about Fall maintenance.

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Will you be at the HBS fall show this Saturday at the Mercer Arboretum? I am supposed to do a demo but I think I will do something else. At every club show there is always demo, and how many do we really need? I think members, especially those new to bonsai, would like to know how to maintain their bonsai during fall and winter. I will show JBP Fall needle plucking and energy balance. If you will coming, I can bring an azalea to talk about Fall maintenance.
I'll be there! I still have a few Azaleas that survived the summer 😬 and a JBP I'm wondering when to start picking the needles on. Will likely have my grumpy daughter with me 😆

Chuah

Shohin
Reaction score
I'll be there! I still have a few Azaleas that survived the summer 😬 and a JBP I'm wondering when to start picking the needles on. Will likely have my grumpy daughter with me 😆
Great, we will have plenty of time to discuss and work on fall JBP and azalea maintenance. See you there.

Chuah

Shohin
Reaction score
Most azalea bonsai books and informations are based on colder weather, but growing satsuki in a hot weather like Houston has different problems. With global warming, some Japanese growers and bloggers are facing different new challenges.

AnutterBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I think I will! I need to talk to my girlfriend, I believe she may have purchased some tickets to watch a theatre play that same day. I will need to make a strategic plan to see how we can make it to the bonsai show and the play. Thank you for the heads up! I really want to make it out this year.

AnutterBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Most azalea bonsai books and informations are based on colder weather, but growing satsuki in a hot weather like Houston has different problems. With global warming, some Japanese growers and bloggers are facing different new challenges.
Indeed. I've noticed my azaleas tend to not be too happy here so I'm hoping to come visit and ask you a few questions in person at the club meetings or the society show

Chuah

Shohin
Reaction score
I think I will! I need to talk to my girlfriend, I believe she may have purchased some tickets to watch a theatre play that same day. I will need to make a strategic plan to see how we can make it to the bonsai show and the play. Thank you for the heads up! I really want to make it out this year.
You have to keep her happy! Otherwise no happy bonsai,😄. You can reach me anytime.

Top Bottom