Very Cool Unidentified Tree

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In the beginning, I kept one alive inside infested with mites for a while. ......

I got faith in them still.

Sorce

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks like dogwood, here's a test. Fold the leaf in half sharply over on itself to break it then slowly pull it apart. If it's dogwood there will be fine threads pulling out from the leaf veins holding on to the other side, you can dangle the two separated halfs from them. Our native Canadian dogwoods like to be good and moist and transplant easily

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
If it is a Dogwood all I can say is I have collected several and they all died. In conversation on the phone a week ago I found that an other person had the same experience... No more digging those for me.

Grimmy
My dad transplanted two dogwoods when we built our addition. One survived...the other died. He put pipes down into the hole to ensure it was watered well at the roots. Not a bonsai job...but, relocating from one location to another town. The one is lovely that survived.

Tim.E

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Looks like dogwood, here's a test. Fold the leaf in half sharply over on itself to break it then slowly pull it apart. If it's dogwood there will be fine threads pulling out from the leaf veins holding on to the other side, you can dangle the two separated halfs from them. Our native Canadian dogwoods like to be good and moist and transplant easily
Gave it a go and sure enough it had threads when the leaf was pulled apart. Right now its moist and hanging out in the garage till spring. I'll let you guys know if it survives! The old trunk that died off had got some really nice lines

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If it is a Dogwood all I can say is I have collected several and they all died. In conversation on the phone a week ago I found that an other person had the same experience... No more digging those for me.

Grimmy
Three I collected before I was 20 and all three lived. Two in ground, one in pot.;)

Top Bottom