Wanted to trade: Two nice little Maples............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When I put my cursor on "show ignored content, the names of Adair, Abqjoe and Sorce come up. For me thats a recipe for disaster.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Point being, you're mostly just a show-off bystander in this hobby. You buy/trade for trees, come here to brag about your fantastic collection, then get pissy when someone offers you helpful advice.

Yeah, it's better than any maple I own, but plot twist, I don't own any maples. When you're able to develop a piece of raw stock into something noteworthy, then you can come back and tell off the senior members. Until then, you're nothing to this hobby except someone with money he can throw at trees.

/endrant

You're talking a lot of smack in this thread, especially for someone whose main accomplishment in bonsai has been buying too many ficuses that needed a lot of work, doing very little of the work, then selling them.

Not that I disagree with your assessment of the original poster, but it seems you could maybe spend your time more productively by working on some trees if you have any left, taking a class or workshop, something?

Just an observation - as you were.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
You're talking a lot of smack in this thread, especially for someone whose main accomplishment in bonsai has been buying too many ficuses that needed a lot of work, doing very little of the work, then selling them.

Not that I disagree with your assessment of the original poster, but it seems you could maybe spend your time more productively by working on some trees if you have any left, taking a class or workshop, something?

Just an observation - as you were.

Ouch, Chris.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Some folks are moved by the romanticism of owning a tree from Japan.

Sorce
Just as some like their sports cars to come from Italy.

Their rugs from Persia.

Their whiskey from Scotland.

Their watches from Switzerland.

Their sedans from Germany.

Their wines from France.

Their coffee from Jamaica.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
im moved by a high fiber intake.

Your bowels?

Or you bowels so violently, you too, are actually moved?

I am moved by the content of this thread.

Bogus COH...
I been legitimately worried about you and this is how you come back!?
To this thread?

My "show ignored content" shows....
Morons!.
Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just as some like their sports cars to come from Italy.

Their rugs from Persia.

Their whiskey from Scotland.

Their watches from Switzerland.

Their sedans from Germany.

Their wines from France.

Their coffee from Jamaica.

Ahem.o_O

:p

Sorce

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Your bowels?

Or you bowels so violently, you too, are actually moved?

I am moved by the content of this thread.

Bogus COH...
I been legitimately worried about you and this is how you come back!?
To this thread?

My "show ignored content" shows....
Morons!.
Sorce

im on ignore? that hurts bro.

i think this thread is hilarious. its not doing much in the way of restoring my faith in people, but it is funny to watch all the first world complaints taking place.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
im on ignore? that hurts bro.

Lol!

Star wars fans are. ' "morons" '.

The regular morons I was talking about are actually stupid!

I'm just going to go ahead and fall back on my reading disorder theory in regards to this thread!

When the deterioration causes it to roll right by real shit....

It becomes a "Trump" thread.

Lol!

Ha!

Lol!

Sorce

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Lol!

Star wars fans are. ' "morons" '.

The regular morons I was talking about are actually stupid!

I'm just going to go ahead and fall back on my reading disorder theory in regards to this thread!

When the deterioration causes it to roll right by real shit....

It becomes a "Trump" thread.

Lol!

Ha!

Lol!

Sorce

you really hit a nail on the thread there. ive noticed the usual suspects either have a legitimate reading disability or are so narcissistic they are unable to comprehend any paragraph longer than 2 sentences without projecting and completely distorting the writers meaning.

not that pointing it out would do any good.

music~maker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I think a lot of folks in this thread have been cooped up for the winter and need to get outside. So much drama ...

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've been away from this forum for a few weeks. I'm not sure why I read through this whole thread, but I did and I don't feel very good about it.

There are many factors that determine price. I try to be fair.

i dont think you should feel bad about it - to me, the whole thread was more a reflection on users attitudes and pissing contests, than your trees or prices.

i do have one of your trees - and i have no complaints. could i have gotten one similar cheaper? maybe. if i waited long enough and drove around the country, had better connections, and basically got luck etc. but, there was nothing i found comparable that was any cheaper so why would i complain.

i think anyone who has been doing this for any amount of time should appreciate that your time is valuable too, and that youre probably not doing it for the money or to rip people off. if they cant - then you probably would want to do business with them anyway.

i see similar comments/attitudes on other forums. everyone likes to think their purchase was a "great deal", while others boast prices/values that are clearly not realistic to show what they would have paid.

i say charge what you think is fair and if youre prices are too high - they wont sell and you can adjust accordingly. you have enough experience to know what adds value to a tree. until then i wouldnt sweat any of it if i were you.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This is exactly what I was afraid of reading through this thread. I kept thinking about Don and how he might view this thread.

The trees are nice, but how nice and how much someone is willing to pay or not is a matter of personal taste. I personally have no idea how trees should be priced, I only know what I'm willing to pay.

@Don Blackmond, everything I've seen of yours has been fair. This thread has really nothing to do with you, but I think you might have been a consequential casualty through no fault of your own.

I think other things went wrong in this thread that resulted from certain person(s) attitude(s) and it blew up.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I've been away from this forum for a few weeks. I'm not sure why I read through this whole thread, but I did and I don't feel very good about it.

There are many factors that determine price. I try to be fair.
You sell at exactly what things are going for at the time- based on demand, your time, and what you already have invested. As it should be. I don't see why you would feel bad about anything. I bought those chojubai cuttings from you (which were healthy and are doing great) for I think $40 which is fair for size, age, and demand and I'm definitely happy with the purchase.

Not sure what specific comments upset you, but I don't think this thread is a reflection of your prices in any way. Just because I, or anyone else, am not willing to pay X amount for X tree doesn't mean anything as obviously other people ARE willing to pay X amount. I'm just cheap... I wish trees were as cheap and plentiful here as in Japan... waiting for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom