What is going on with the forum??????

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Can anyone explain to me why a post, or remark, to an active thread at 8:47 am ( it is now 10:00am) has not as yet been listed in "What's New" or even marked in the specific forum category as responded to. Is it something personal or ????? Incidentally this is not the first time.

Last edited:

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Still very slow at times, but otherwise normal, Vance. Don't get paranoid.

larlamonde

Shohin
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me why a post, or remark, to an active thread at 8:47 am ( it is now 10:00am) has not as yet been listed in "What's New" or even marked in the specific forum category as responded to. Is it something personal or ????? Incidentally this is not the first time.

Vance I often have problems. There's over 8000 members on this site. Why don't we all pitch in a buck and upgrade the equipment even $2. :D

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've had issues...with the search engine...and stuff like you mention. Or...with it saying there is a specific number of new posts. Then when I click on it. It shows no new posts.

Baldemotions

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
Could purge the member list. Get rid of people who have not logged in say in the last 6 months.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would pitch in money. The moderator would just need to post an email to a pay pal account.

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Could purge the member list. Get rid of people who have not logged in say in the last 6 months.

I'll agree with that to an extent. A lot of long gone people have left us with loads of valuable information. I hope that purge wouldn't also delete their messages as well. On the bright side... Would this give the forum more bandwidth space?

Baldemotions

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
Good point about the threads. How about purging some old ugly photos from the server.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
And also what did I mean by ugly?

I just mean testing photos and stuff like that. Or anything in the Vance Wood gallery :p

At least I have one. I am thinking that was just a joke? It is surprising to me how many people on this forum, who are quick to criticize and suggest and give advise about anything and everything have nothing to show for themselves that they actually can do what they say.

Last edited:

Baldemotions

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
At least I have one. I am thinking that was just a joke? It is surprising to me how many people on this forum, who are quick to criticize and suggest and give advise about anything and everything have nothing to show for themselves that they actually can do what they say.

Yes Vance that was a joke.
Just for you I created my gallery.

I do have website managing experience so I feel qualified.

Last edited:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Yes Vance that was a joke.
Just for you I created my gallery.

I do have website managing experience so I feel qualified.

Thank You very much, I did not mean to be insulting.

wlambeth

Mame
Reaction score
I think its you Vance!
The forum has the anti-Vance meter on and it is clocked out.

Seriously though is the slowness due to people staying logged in all the time?
I'm one of the lazy bastards.

Last edited:

Baldemotions

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
Some things to think about is if the site is hosted on a shared server or a dedicated server. If it is shared then what other sites are using up the resources.

Or what changes have been made behind the scenes. A new plugin that is slowing it down or one got removed.

I was having issues with speed on one of my sites so I moved it to a new host (godady)and speed was instantly increased.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I think its you Vance!
The forum has the anti-Vance meter on and it is clocked out.

Seriously though is the slowness due to people staying logged in all the time?
I'm one of the lazy bastards.

I know how to solve that.

Top Bottom