What the hell happened to this tree?

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
My son and his friend at about 4 years old, were playing on the front porch, throwing there action figures at our Chile ristras. We didn’t realize they were doing this till the ristra were decimated. They felt bad we were disappointed. Well it turned out the oils from the chiles got all over their action figures, then their hands, then their faces. They woke up that night with full on rashes and blisters all over their faces with their eyes about swollen shut. I Knew Chile could be an irritant but they got it real bad.
Lesson learned…

…the hard way.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My son and his friend at about 4 years old, were playing on the front porch, throwing there action figures at our Chile ristras. We didn’t realize they were doing this till the ristra were decimated. They felt bad we were disappointed. Well it turned out the oils from the chiles got all over their action figures, then their hands, then their faces. They woke up that night with full on rashes and blisters all over their faces with their eyes about swollen shut. I Knew Chile could be an irritant but they got it real bad.
Those was pretty harsh justice.
Actually they have my sympathy.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
What comes around is all around.

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
This just in. Setup 4 traps right around this group of trees, and 3 traps went off with 3 mice dead. Can’t say for sure this was the culprit. But they could have been.
Seems to me you are on to something😉

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Update time! I abandoned this group! This spring I had massive dieback. Whatever cleared the tree last year killed off multiple sections of all of the trees. It would have never looked right again so I decided to bail.

Wood

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I had a similar experience last winter. Bought a really nice Chinese quince from Bjorn and a pregnant squirrel took every branch back to nubs while trying to build a nest. We had a cold snap right afterwards and it never woke up

Sorry Danny that was a nice little clump you had 💔

Top Bottom