What this years bonsai money bought this year.

400,000 to 3 million people get saved by guns each year . From my basic knowledge a lot of that is household because most gun owners don’t use it as carry on. 40k max including every possible way people die from guns each year including suicide which is a huge chunk out of 40k . These numbers are from the CDC . So saving 400k - 3 million lives by guns is very good when only 40k people die from them . I know this wasn’t your question but yeah .
Did read the actualy report? It is great how statistics can be used to whoever needs them if you select the right section of descriptions. in this case, the numbers are pulled from the literature review description of the problem in quantifying gun violence, and which steps should be taken to get better insight in what is really the effect of widespread gun ownership. So the numbers are NOT what they are reporting, they are just repeating what estimates are found to date in different studies:

Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence

Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence, although the exact number remains disputed (Cook and Ludwig, 1996; Kleck, 2001a). Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defen-sive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million (Kleck, 2001a), in the context of about 300,000 vio-lent crimes involving firearms in 2008 (BJS, 2010). On the other hand, some scholars point to a radically lower estimate of only 108,000 annual defensive uses based on the National Crime Victimization Survey (Cook et al., 1997). The variation in these numbers remains a controversy in the field. The estimate of 3 million defensive uses per year is based on an extrapolation from a small number of responses taken from more than 19 national surveys. The former estimate of 108,000 is difficult to interpret because respondents were not asked specifically about defensive gun use.A different issue is whether defensive uses of guns, however numer-ous or rare they may be, are effective in preventing injury to the gun-wielding crime victim. Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was “used” by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies (Kleck, 1988; Kleck and DeLone, 1993; Southwick, 2000; Tark and Kleck, 2004). Effectiveness of defensive tactics, however, is likely to vary across types of victims, types of offenders, and circumstances of the crime, so further research is needed both to explore these contingencies and to confirm or discount earlier findings.

Even when defensive use of guns is effective in averting death or in-jury for the gun user in cases of crime, it is still possible that keeping a gun in the home or carrying a gun in public—concealed or open carry—may have a different net effect on the rate of injury. For example, if gun ownership raises the risk of suicide, homicide, or the use of weapons by those who invade the homes of gun owners, this could cancel or out-weigh the beneficial effects of defensive gun use (Kellermann et al., 1992, 1993, 1995). Although some early studies were published that re-late to this issue, they were not conclusive, and this is a sufficiently im-portant question that it merits additional, careful exploration.

The last sentence was what I was referring to: Is having a gun around a trigger for increased violence? Besides the question of whether one would actually have a loaded gun "at the ready" when someone intrudes your house.

Let's I am happy to live in a country where I do not need a gun in the house. Each to their own :)

Can't wait until ammo comes down in price.
I've also added a 2 point sling,a red dot scope,a light and a bayonet is on the way.
I was thinking more about that binary trigger.. If it’s set up how I THINK it would be.. it’d almost never jam, too!

How much is 9mm (just like basic FMJ) by you?
Sorry for the late reply but it's a tad less than 50 cents per round right now.
Since I posted this thread I've bought another Glock pistol.
The G20. Fires 10mm auto. .357 mag power and 15 rounds plus one in the chamber.
I call it Mjolnir. (Thor's hammer)

FRARY!!

How you doin’, fella!

I’ve never had the pleasure of using a 10mm.. I’ve HELD My friends Tech.. How does 10mm “feel” compared to.. let’s say a 45?

FRARY!!

How you doin’, fella!

I’ve never had the pleasure of using a 10mm.. I’ve HELD My friends Tech.. How does 10mm “feel” compared to.. let’s say a 45?
That 1 mm makes a big difference in stopping power compared to the 9mm parabelum, but with greatly reduced recoil compared to the .45.
In the coast guard we had .40 Sigs, which is essentially a 10mm. The army has been talking about going to the same for 20 years. Don't know if they ever did. Don't think they know what to do with all those old Barettas, pieces of junk.

In the army I did a tour in Iraq driving 155. howitzers.
It's hard to impress me.

Drop the AR and get a decent 12 gauge. Much more practical for 99% of people's situations, and less temptation to get carried away with redneck add-on features.
The cheap steel duck shot is great for home defense. Not likely to go through a wall and kill your kids, but plenty enough to make anyone regret coming in uninvited. In a standard 5 round tube, I suggest this for the first 3, then good old 00 lead buck since you SHOULD know 100% what the situation is after 3 rounds, even if you woke up to firefight.

That 1 mm makes a big difference in stopping power compared to the 9mm parabelum, but with greatly reduced recoil compared to the .45.
In the coast guard we had .40 Sigs, which is essentially a 10mm. The army has been talking about going to the same for 20 years. Don't know if they ever did. Don't think they know what to do with all those old Barettas, pieces of junk.

It's hard to impress me.

Drop the AR and get a decent 12 gauge. Much more practical for 99% of people's situations, and less temptation to get carried away with redneck add-on features.
The cheap steel duck shot is great for home defense. Not likely to go through a wall and kill your kids, but plenty enough to make anyone regret coming in uninvited. In a standard 5 round tube, I suggest this for the first 3, then good old 00 lead buck since you SHOULD know 100% what the situation is after 3 rounds, even if you woke up to firefight.
badass, thanks for your service!!!!!

It's hard to impress me.

"less temptation to get carried away with redneck add-on features."

This...think bonsai is a money pit?, modify an AR...money would be better spent putting flame decals and a spoiler on my Corolla. 😁

"less temptation to get carried away with redneck add-on features."

This...think bonsai is a money pit?, modify an AR...money would be better spent putting flame decals and a spoiler on my Corolla. 😁
Exactly.
And the military has been researching it for decades; the fancy stuff doesn't improve performance over training, and instills a false sense of confidence that's likely to make you more careless.

Actually a student of mine from work impressed the hell out of my yesterday. He just turned 21, and traded the AR he was gifted for a Henry.
This is a man with practical taste in firearms.

I'm all for the 2nd Amendment, but the right does not equal the brains. I'd sure as hell be restricting all the fancy crap.
If you can't do it with the base model, you're not smart enough to do it at all.

Back
Top Bottom