Whats your cut paste recipe?

Johnathan

Omono
Reaction score
This thread has been very helpful. Thank you everyone for your feedback. 1 question.

How far will it go? Meaning does it require a lot of duct seal to cover a cut adequately? ... I mean how "thick" does the application generally have to be?

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Cool going to check what i can find here in the netherlands what brands of duct seal
Also @sorce i am going to try the loctite as well thnx!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anyone have suggestion how much / what ratio to add Neem oil to duct seal?

I have the concentrated neem which has to be diluted for application...

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Anyone have suggestion how much / what ratio to add Neem oil to duct seal?

I have the concentrated neem which has to be diluted for application...

Anywhere between none and a little bit of neem - just work in a little at a time until it gets to the pliability you want. I store mine in a sealed bucket - if it stiffens up a bit again, mix in a little more neem oil.

Scott

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anywhere between none and a little bit of neem - just work in a little at a time until it gets to the pliability you want. I store mine in a sealed bucket - if it stiffens up a bit again, mix in a little more neem oil.

Scott
dilute the neem first or add in as a few drops of concentrate?

I'm starting with one pound of duct seal. Thanks again!

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I remember my dad using roofing patch on our backyard apple tree.

Vindeezy

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Over the years we have made and tried dozens of different cut paste recipes most with success from beeswax and mineral oil to plasticine & vegetable oil and everything in between, seeing as we have thousands of trees in development we only use the Japanese cut paste on our large specimen trees as it is expensive on that scale.

I don't often see cut paste recipes discussed on the forum here and thought this would be a good chance to get some new recipes and try them out. So share your recipe below, share pics if you have them. Let's get creative!
I use wood glue mixed with sand. It gives a good look on cuts.

Top Bottom