Where to buy Big Pots

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I'm currently looking Glaze Oval pot for Deciduous around 21"-22" inches.
Anyone can recommend me to potter who sell this size?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Forest Inn pottery makes really nice pots. Saw her at MABS last year and was impressed.

You might consider contacting potters and getting quotes for them to make what you're looking for

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Matt Ouwinga at Kaede Bonsai
Matt generally doesn't import large or huge pots because they have a shaky "survival" rate in the shipping process. They get smashed.

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Matt generally doesn't import large or huge pots because they have a shaky "survival" rate in the shipping process. They get smashed.
This isn't entirely true. There are pots in the sizes the OP was asking about on Matt's EBay store. Go to his store and search the word "massive" and you'll see pots this size and even larger

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This isn't entirely true. There are pots in the sizes the OP was asking about on Matt's EBay store. Go to his store and search the word "massive" and you'll see pots this size and even larger
It is generally true though. The vast majority of what he has aren't really "massive," so much as large-ish. Most of them are under 20" and pretty shallow. The breakage is only part of the issue. The bigger pots over 26" exceed shipping box requirements out of Japan and have to be shipped in containers.

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
It is generally true though. The vast majority of what he has aren't really "massive," so much as large-ish. Most of them are under 20" and pretty shallow. The breakage is only part of the issue. The bigger pots over 26" exceed shipping box requirements out of Japan and have to be shipped in containers.
I would agree that 20" isn't massive. His word, not mine. The point is that there are pots in the size that this guy asked about.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
IDK, maybe im wrong but it seems to me it would be difficult to get exactly what you want which is why I suggested contacting pot makers that make pots that size and seeing if they could make it.

There aren't many that do and they probably don't make a lot of them because of the cost and materials involved. They probably don't want to sit on too many $500 pots that might not sell.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would agree that 20" isn't massive. His word, not mine. The point is that there are pots in the size that this guy asked about.
Sorry got mixed up with another thread.

Captkingdom

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm looking for a large rectangle and striking out! Anyone have something around 21"x16"x6"?

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A

Incase Matt doesn't have what you want, this other seller on Ebay from Japan had lots of big pot. I had a 28 inch Koyo came in today. Transaction was perfect and packaging was top notch. Highly recommended.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Incase Matt doesn't have what you want, this other seller on Ebay from Japan had lots of big pot. I had a 28 inch Koyo came in today. Transaction was perfect and packaging was top notch. Highly recommended.
I hope you not getting a 28 cm.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I hope you not getting a 28 cm.
Nope bro ..28.75 inches to be exact (73cm) ...It's huge and Koyo in dark blue and I wanted it for my monster Princess Persimmon forrest that I recently bought lol. Pot arrived this morning in perfect shape, unboxed it before I even brushed my teeth lol.

1706848180529.png

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Before covid there was a group in Atlanta that imported YiXing pottery from China. These Chinese [pts ranged up to massive sizes and were generally acceptable for Penjing and some Bonsai. . But my memory fails me for a name.

Top Bottom