Winter Blooming Jasmine

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This small jasmine has begun blooming as we exit winter in central Cali.

Neagari style in Gary Wood pot.

Attachments

• DSC_00020001.JPG
    DSC_00020001.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 203

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Al, good color combo! Thanks Wood

Thanks Gary, missed you at Shohin...Got to talk with Chris for a while. Hope to see you in two years.

Al

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very Nice!:D

Jason

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Jasminum nudiflorum

Since we're showing off Winter Jasmine I thought post a couple pics. You guys have to promise not to judge me on these though. They were just collected this last year (from my garden) and they have absolutely no refinement and they're way over-potted. They will be cut way back once they flower a little more (I'm just enjoying them). I'll also reduce the root mass and get them in smaller pots with time.

Attachments

• IMG_4719_403x280.shkl.JPG
    IMG_4719_403x280.shkl.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4715_397x280.shkl.JPG
    IMG_4715_397x280.shkl.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 80

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Since we're showing off Winter Jasmine I thought post a couple pics. You guys have to promise not to judge me on these though. They were just collected this last year (from my garden) and they have absolutely no refinement and they're way over-potted. They will be cut way back once they flower a little more (I'm just enjoying them). I'll also reduce the root mass and get them in smaller pots with time.
Jason are you implying that we eat our young?? Rubbish I tell you! We would never do that!!!;-)

crhabq

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Smoke and Jason too,
Brent's catalog seez that "Grows best in cool climates." Smoke, I know you don't qualify as living in a cool climate (I don't want to be callus, but I'd guess that you'd raise any microclimate by 1 degree F. just through a glance of your steely blue eyes). Jason, being Western Oregon, you may qualify. So, do you guys have a secret, or do these not grow at their best?

Jason

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Jason are you implying that we eat our young?? Rubbish I tell you! We would never do that!!!;-)

Well....just wanted to make sure no one thought this represented my idea of refined bonsai or even bonsai for that matter.;) I just needed something to brighten up the gray.

As for the boxer...he likes his ears intact. Ask him.

As for whether jasminum nudiflorum grow better in a cooler zone, I'm not sure. They're listed to grow in USDA zones 6-10. I've only grown them in western Washington (Puget Sound region) and western Oregon. They seem to thrive and don't look stilted. They start from cuttings with ease. I've accidentally started them when my prunings just fell on the ground. Maybe some zone 6 er's have some with 4 inch trunks....but I doubt it.

Top Bottom