Wintermoth caterpillar infestation

Bnana

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A dead oak is better than a living oak?
You should read what I wrote. This is bullocks.

I think an ecosystem is more than a tree. I guess we differ in that perspective.

Last edited:

Jzack605

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
You should read what I wrote. This is bullocks.

I think an ecosystem is more than a tree. I gets wet differ in that perspective.
You’re right. An ecosystem is more than a tree, it’s a system where trees and their retention is incredibly important to it working.

Bnana

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes and saving the trees by killing most of the rest is not helping the ecosystem.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The strong keep surviving.

Man is learning.

Sorce

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yes and saving the trees by killing most of the rest is not helping the ecosystem.

In my state we have an invasive beetle called the southern pine beetle that is killing whole stands of pitch pines in my area.
They say the beetle, if left unchecked will completely change the ecosystem as in no more pine trees.

The emerald ash borer and the Asian longhorn beetle are doing the same for many of our deciduous trees.

So if certain invasive species remain unchecked, the ecosystem will be utterly destroyed and we will have very little forest left.

I suppose that will be fine for land developers, they can just pave the "barren" land left over with parking lots and strip malls

Top Bottom