Woodstock at Nature's Way with Jim Doyle and Walter Pall

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
On Friday, I went to Nature's Way to attend the first day of the Woodstock event with Jim Doyle and Walter Pall. In case anyone has thought about attending, I wanted to say that it was a really great experience. Jim and Walter were nice and very informative, and even better, the whole day was hands on training working on trees in the nursery. One of the trees was a very large ponderosa that took four guys to move.

I'm sure Walter will post photos from the weekend on his blog when he returns, but I just wanted to put out a plug for this event for those that might be interested in attending in the future.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I knew someone was going to say that :D I forgot my camera yesterday morning, but WP took a ton of pics which I assume will be posted soon.

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Please wait for another four days. I am still there and it is a lot of fun. I will have a hundred photographs.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
I went to their Winter Workshop for the weekend and had a blast. Learned a ton too. I SO wanted to make it to this years Woodstock event, but time and money got the better of me and I couldn't go.

Looking forward to the photos Walter!

Wow, that is one of the largest PP's I've seen. Very nice and inspiring Walter!

Chris

Last edited:

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Time...ugh... I've been hoping to make it to either this or the winter event for the last two years...maybe this winter... :)

Bob O

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Very cool!
Thanks for the link Walter. I see my friend Steve K. weilding the sawzall. :cool:

I wish I had been there but am home nursing a broken ankle. I hope to make it to the next winter study, only time will tell how my ankle heals.

I purchased one of these Ponderosa pines last spring a Jim's, it was tagged WP-555. It is now styled & in its first bonsai pot. One of my favorite trees.

Thanks for giving me a glimpse,

Bob O

Dave Leppo

Yamadori
Reaction score
I was there on Saturday, and I had a blast. I signed up as "Lurker" but they wouldn’t just let me lurk; they put me to work! (Not just sweeping the floor and making coffee, either!)

Thank you Walter and Jim. You guys are truly Masters!

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry, my cellphone is pretty ancient so the pictures would be crap. Looking forward to Walter's pictures though :)

Top Bottom