Young juniper or cedar isnt doing well.

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Your original post asked "what are your thoughts?".

You came here, to a bonsai forum with bonsai professionals and experts who have been engaged in bonsai for a long time and got our thoughts. Landscape background or not, the skills and horticulture are totally different. There is some crossover, but not all of it.

For example, no bonsai professional would bring a juniper inside into a home setting to try and bring it to health (hence so many replies asking about indoor positioning).

If you want to try to reduce the water saturation and increase air flow through the roots you could try taking a drill with a long 1/8 bit maybe and drilling some holes through what I imagine is a heavy clay root ball. I think someone asked what type of soil its in now. Did we get that answer?

Newcomers always get perterbed when we say a tree is dead but most of us have had piles of dead trees to lay claim to and know where something is headed when we see it.

I dont know what hygrozome is. Will have to look into that. Its not recommended to fertilize an unhealthy tree, especially while trying to maintain or initiate dormancy, which should be the goal here.

Top Bottom