2 Most Likely Shohin Junipers

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Great to see this tree again. This is the one we discussed a few months back isn't it? It was one of my favorite pre bonsai material that I have seen. Loved it then and even more now.

Rob

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Great to see this tree again. This is the one we discussed a few months back isn't it? It was one of my favorite pre bonsai material that I have seen. Loved it then and even more now.

Rob

Thanks so much Rob, yes this is the one.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Missed these the first go around Yenling, really nice finds! I love what you've done here, the deadwood is incredible and you've done a good job highlighting this feature.

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Update-Here's my little Kifu size tree-not Shohin:) that I showed at BIB. Posted these on FB and my blog already. A good buddy of mine now owns the other Juniper in the first post. It was great to see a few fellow B nut members at the show including-Eric S, Adair and Andrew R!

C8C5B87A-32AF-43D3-AE02-0B3867F1826E_zpswyvtozy3.jpg

874BB366-417E-487E-AB88-AF390EB49540_zpswae9ozpk.jpg

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Cool tree!
I would like too see the right lower branch grafted mid way on the trunk instead of coming out of the same point of the apex.

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Really nice tree! For some reason I want to cut off the very lowest branch and pad on the left side. I feel like with how powerful the trunk is on the left side you could really push the foliage more assymetrical, to the right, and the tree will still look balanced.

Top Bottom