3 Leaf Sumac - Rhus Trilobata

August

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Big fan of this genus in general. Thought I should post my R. aromatica, probably a Gro-Lo, but unlabeled when I got it last year. It seems to have survived my first ever round of spring repots!20230526_195327.jpg

Michael P

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I love the multi-trunk penjing style composition. Is this root-on-rock or root-over-rock? Humble opinion: the blue tray needs to be a lot bigger to allow negative space around the rock. Or maybe a slab? Don't let my thoughts keep you from showing us more photos, LOL.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love the multi-trunk penjing style composition. Is this root-on-rock or root-over-rock? Humble opinion: the blue tray needs to be a lot bigger to allow negative space around the rock. Or maybe a slab? Don't let my thoughts keep you from showing us more photos, LOL.
I actually intentionally hung the rock over the pot. I did grind out quite a bit of space in the rock but wanted a vessel for the roots to grow through the rock and into. Not entirely sure the tray/pot I used is working, but I made a go at it! At this point it’ll stay in this setup for a while though.

Top Bottom