About the wacky advertisements...

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
facetious
Yeah, but back in the day, the Nova set me back $375, if I recall correctly...from a car dealer who'd been using it as a loaner car. Had a straight six, and a 1st-and-High automatic transmission -- fabulous from 0-30, and then turned back into a pumpkin. Beat a whale-tail Porsche off the line once -- guy deserved it, for trying to pass on the right from a turn-only lane! 😈
I loved that thing.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
My "one I miss the most" was an 87 Supra.. only had one seat.. bare metal the rest.. Larger-spooling turbo.. all sorts of aftermarket performance enhancing crap.. including machine-boring.. Yadda-infinity.

I worked hard on that car.. but I was 16.. was modifying it before I even could drive. My um... driving.. wasn't as experienced as it SHOULD have been for a car I made so dang fast...

And I flipped it...

End-over-end.....

.....Into a RIVER!!!

🤦🏽‍♂️

....Restraint was never really my thing... back then.

Pyewacket

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I miss my '69 VW Fastback. My first car (that ran). In winter I had to drive with the driver's side window open and an ice scraper clutched in my left hand to keep the window scraped so I could see to drive. There was no heat unless you were going at least 50mph. Died of terminal rust (opened the trunk and I was looking at a tire that wasn't the spare).

Or maybe the Testosterone Mobile. 3/4 ton cargo van, no power steering, no power brakes, three on the tree. I was in danger of a spontaneous sex change every time I drove it. Over 250k miles, also died of terminal rust.

Top Bottom