Alabama Bonsai Society Spring Show 5/17-18

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I just checked the BIB website, and the next show isn't on the calendar yet. But is always in January.

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"I should have the final tally shortly. We have the results from Saturday but not Sunday. We will let you know the results." - Ron

ummm.... through counting Ron ? ;):confused:

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
"I should have the final tally shortly. We have the results from Saturday but not Sunday. We will let you know the results." - Ron

Winner winner chicken dinner:
1. Satsuki
2. Kingsville boxwood
3. Tanuki shimpaku

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 40

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Ron, in post #5 is that an Acer shirasawanum 'Aureum', Golden Full Moon? Love the look and feeling it gives. I just started an air layer last week. Have been wanting a little fellow with that type of foliage for a while. Don't see much of them.

Brian, your bonsai are looking great! You've encouraged me to get started on ginkgo and azaleas. I especially like that ginkgo. I'm thinking about getting another one.

Ron Dennis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B

I'm sorry. I did not get the final results until I had already left on Thursday for our niece's wedding in Myrtle Beach and did not have access to my computer. We got home late last night. Brian has already posted the results and these three are indeed beautiful trees. There were entirely too many fine trees for me to pick a favorite. I really like the Full Moon, Brian's gingko and the Hokkaido elm forest. One of our members had a honeysuckle and while he thought it not quite ready to show, I really liked the tree. The Japanese persimmon was really very good.

Ron Dennis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Ron, in post #5 is that an Acer shirasawanum 'Aureum', Golden Full Moon? Love the look and feeling it gives. I just started an air layer last week. Have been wanting a little fellow with that type of foliage for a while. Don't see much of them.

Brian, your bonsai are looking great! You've encouraged me to get started on ginkgo and azaleas. I especially like that ginkgo. I'm thinking about getting another one.

On behalf of the artist who did the Full Moon, thank you. This tree has been one of my favorite trees for several years now. Like you I am looking for one similar to this tree. A local nurseryman has told me he will have some in the fall and if he does, I will take some photos and PM you.

Last edited:

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
What a nice show! Great trees Brian! Glad to see so many nice maples. I have recently become interested as well in the Full Moon maple. Bill V. has some beautiful examples of it. I had the chance to buy some a few years ago with 1" trunks at my local garden center but at the time I wasn't so interested. Have not seen any since then. It just figures since now I want one!

CHUCHIN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice stuff guys. Really enjoyed viewing...

Chuchin

Top Bottom