Albizia Julibrissin / Persian Silk Tree (i think) - Need Ideas!

WARRENO

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I recently acquired this tree and I need some ideas!

Am I correct about this being a Albizia Julibrissin Persian SIlk Tree?

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpeg
    IMG_1030.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1027.jpeg
    IMG_1027.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1029.jpeg
    IMG_1029.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1028.jpeg
    IMG_1028.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1031.jpeg
    IMG_1031.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 58

WARRENO

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Just used my iPhone to identify that last photo. It says its a Silver Wattle or a Black Wattle.

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am in Hardiness Zone 10B

I don't think so. The leaves seem much tighter
You`re right , it's not a calliandra brevipes. In your last pic it's clear. In the brevipes leaves come in pairs...
I have no idea what it can be.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Just used my iPhone to identify that last photo. It says its a Silver Wattle or a Black Wattle.
Don't put too much faith in the plant ID apps. Sometimes they get close but sometimes way off. Leaves are similar to Silver and Black wattle but Acacias do not have those bud sheaths.

WARRENO

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
One of the trunks seems dead. Thinking about making some deadwood features. Do you think I should only keep one trunk? The new growth is on the thinner branch… not sure what to do with that either. Help and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

SWfloirda

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Trees with compound leaves are very hard to fit into any traditional bonsai style, even if you start from seed. If I had that tree here in South Florida I would cut all of the leggy growth off at the first sign of spring and let if grow all summer and assess what it looks like then. I would consider doing a hard cut back on all of the trunks instead of just the leggy growth depending on the overall health of the tree but that is hard to tell from the pictures and a little risky, it would depend how much I had invested in terms of both money and time. The base is nice and thick, I think it's got plenty of potential.

Top Bottom