Another big juniper! ID HELP?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Yea I don't plan on touching it for a while. I have a bunch of other stuff to distract me from this tree lol. Plus I think I need to stare at it for a LONG time so I don't mess it up lol
Thanks guys!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yea that looks to be what I have. Thanks !

See how dense the adult foliage is? Pinched.
See all the juvenile foliage? Cut something off and it back buds like crazy. Didn't have juvenile foliage when I got it.
If you want it to get real blue feed it with miracle grow. And once a month put a tablespoon of Epsom salts in your fertilizer.I do this to all evergreen trees. Even hinoki cypress and procumbens junipers get a blue tinge.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
That's a good idea. I'll have to see what mine looks like after I wire some of those branches down and see what I'm working with here. This is my first "scaley" juniper so I assume it will be a challenge.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Do you think I should cut that top off or let it fill out. I left it for now to see what happens... Lol

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do you think I should cut that top off or let it fill out. I left it for now to see what happens... Lol

I'd leave it for now....

But I like the idea of it, err.....um..... coming off.

Sorce

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I left it for now to see what happens...

Seems like it should rest a season - Perhaps the upper left could be bent into a downward spiral and made to jin rather then chop. Just an option but impossible to call not standing there.

Grimmy

Top Bottom