Anyone used Pro’s Choice Select Sports Field Conditioner for soil mix

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I saw this gravel at the fish store today .I think it's called dolomite . Pros/cons ?looks to be 1/8" to 1/4 size.

Not Dolomite, Label says crushed coral. That does mean it is calcium carbonate, but it has not been fossilized the way dolomite has been. Also, dolomite differs from coral and limestone in being higher in magnesium.

That bag is just crushed coral. Too alkaline for use as a major component of a potting media. It can be blended with acidic components, like composted bark, peat moss and other organics, blended to make a more neutral potting mix..

I would only use this material in my marine aquarium.

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Nice trunk on that azalea.

This is the second time, and I have had no issues with the product. It is all pumice and for the most part, dust free, very clean. $18. 50 for 45 pound bad. There is some pumice that is brown and reddish mixed in, maybe folks are confusing it for other materials.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice trunk on that azalea.
Looks like an azalea, but it is a luma apiculata. Died this winter, got one left but with a straight trunk that will need some tweaking next winter.

Good to know, I'll probably think about that once I get my garden set up properly. Thanks

waydeo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I appreciate everyone's help on enlightening myself and maybe others on soil components. Bonsai nut forum is a joy to to be involved in. One of the last online forums I participated in was full of smart azzes and redneck off topic insults and comments . I thank the mods and participants both are very helpful.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
components

Perlite will settle or float out of anything, especially in a heavy rain which is inevitable of outside at all.

Stick to 8822!

Sorce

Top Bottom