Are you a Net Bonsai Wanker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don't like it , put me on ignore.

Err, it would kinda defeat the purpose of coming here to learn about bonsai if I ignored someone with as much know how as you do. I'd be the last person to tell someone they couldn't disagree, I'm disagreeing here after all. :D

I've only been on these forums for a couple years and I've seen plenty of spats but this just seemed a lot more polarizing.

My thoughts on things like this are that if someone is rude, arrogant, whatever, that isn't going to keep me from wanting to learn from them if the opportunity presents itself. I'm not going to pretend to be their buddy, but I will pay attention. It's definitely more pleasant if I happen to like the person also, but not a requirement. I loved the retreat in Topeka this year mostly because in addition to learning a lot I hapened to really like the people there. I imagine at least a partial factor behind my attitude is my location. This ain't exactly bonsai central. I couldn't afford to alienate someone who may come within a couple hours of me at some point then not be able to go see what they do because of hard feelings. Maybe if Boon's visits become a regular thing I can be a bit more selective. :p

Another thing was I read the whole "wanker" thing a bit different. I didn't take it as meaning that anyone who doesn't own one of the "ruptured storks" (beautiful analogy btw Rockm) is a wanker. Seemed to me to be more of a reference to blowhards that tell people what they should or shouldn't do but don't have a single tree they can show that's worth a crap to back up the veracity of their advice.

Anyways, I probably should have posted this last night instead of jumping on people's backs. Seems hyprocritical of me after talking about not wanting to burn bridges, just trying to elaborate on where I was coming from.

Dan

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"My thoughts on things like this are that if someone is rude, arrogant, whatever, that isn't going to keep me from wanting to learn from them if the opportunity presents itself."

That, in a nutshell, is what irks me about this entire thread. This was never about teaching or learning anything, despite what Marco says. It was about selling something. There have been no substantial-- or even superficial--efforts by him to teach anyone anything here. Do a search for past posts...

If we can't post a decent tree, as he says, then perhaps maybe he could offer us some tips. Don't want him to give away all his Master's secrets, but heck, if you're complaining about us locals' bonsai illiteracy, why not help us learn to read...? Funny how actual knowledge didn't come up--he didn't even bother giving us the answers to his 20 question pop-quiz. I'm dieing to know what's written on Kimura's restroom (sorry, err--pot room) door...

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Hey! The horse is dead. Let's quit beating it.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
For all you net wankers out there: Come out of the closet and wank away. After all; what is the purpose of wanking in the first place? Because it feels good? Bonsai should feel good and if that means you are a bonsai wanker then a-wanking-we-shall-go!

Who cares about what other people say about your methods, tools, pots or material? If you want help or ideas--- ask, but don't forget-- if it don't feel good why do it?

Last edited:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I'll put away my stick when I get ready , thank you !!

keep it green,
Harry

The horse is dead! Long live the horse!

Hey!!! talking about horses reminds me of the Kentucky Derby; how about Wanker's Pride as a name for a race horse? And---for those who live lives of disappointment: Wanker's Solace. For those who boast large things of the small; Wanker's Exaggeration. For those who get caught; Wanker's Excuse. Lest we forget those who seem to make a career of wanking their way through life; Wanker's Impunity.

Last edited:

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Hey!!! talking about horses reminds me of the Kentucky Derby; how about Wanker's Pride as a name for a race horse? And---for those who live lives of disappointment: Wanker's Solace. For those who boast large things of the small; Wanker's Exaggeration. For those who get caught; Wanker's Excuse. Lest we forget those who seem to make a career of wanking their way through life; Wanker's Impunity.

OMG!!!! I am in hysterics. Of course it must be a stallion if it is Wanker's Pride and a Gelding if it is Wanker's Solace. Maybe a mare named Wanker's Desire.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score

Now that's funny Vance, now go choke your chicken.

keep it green,
Harry

Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Stay tuned for a revelation, you won't believe your eyes.

keep it green,
Harry

grizzlywon

Shohin
Reaction score
Fresno, CA. Were all the food comes from if we ha
USDA Zone
9A
I can't believe I just wasted 20 min of my life reading all this and I still don't know if I should spend $350+ on this glorified pair of scissors or buy a $5 shirt that say "Net Bonsai Wanker."

What do you think of this shirt? I'm thinking if I charge say, $35 each I can make some sweet moolah! So, how's the dealio sound?

Attachments

• bonsai wanker.jpg
    bonsai wanker.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 80

DaveG

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I can't believe I just wasted 20 min of my life reading all this and I still don't know if I should spend $350+ on this glorified pair of scissors or buy a $5 shirt that say "Net Bonsai Wanker."

What do you think of this shirt? I'm thinking if I charge say, $35 each I can make some sweet moolah! So, how's the dealio sound?

With all the marketing going on here, does this thread need to be moved to one of the Selling & Trading Forums? :)

I was also sort of thinking about making a shirt, but I guess you beat me to it. Then again, it doesn't stop me from giving it a shot too.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Dear one...

All you have to do is sell 10... and you can buy your ichiban. :D:D:D

V

Tink32

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone

I'll take 2! what are you gonna put on the back? How about Marco's tour dates across America:D

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Geeze, next thing you know we are going to be spanking monkeys.

DaveG

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I'll take 2! what are you gonna put on the back? How about Marco's tour dates across America:D

That's more deserving of making it look a little more like a shirt for a band, which is an idea that I like.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Geeze, next thing you know we are going to be spanking monkeys.

Vance... This thread is bringing out your risque side... how amusing. ;)

I also like the Marco tour idea... :D

On a serious side, I read the round table he did for Tom's forum... aside from some pretty typical Italian male mannerisms (they all think they are Casanova :p)... it was both insightful and interesting. Kudos to Marco for doing it... more of that sort of thing and I'll have to think kind positive thoughts about him. :eek: JK... seriously though... it's worth a read. I learned a thing or two... which is always a nice change of pace. It was all I was asking of him from the begining... to give a little signal in all the marketing noise.

Changing the marketing to acknowledge that you should have some trees worth more than the tool before you bother with the tool (because good trees are more important than good tools)... and who knows... maybe he'd sell more trees AND tools. It's not a beginners item... it has no properties to make one better at the art... but when looking at the back yard with 100+ trees... one must admit that anything which makes it more comfortable (which was the thing he said was the most useful about it in the round table)... is always nice. But trees come first. Otherwise it's like putting the cart before the horse.

There... I've given my marketing strategy advice for the day... and my small effort to apologize if I contributed to hurting his feelings... Life is to short to wish to hurt anyones feelings... this is after all supposed to be fun. :)

Kindest regards to all,

Victrinia

PS. Le belle cose prendono tempo... even Marco, who is still young enough to have room to become wise.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love the t-shirt. I really do, can you make a little bonsai in the picture too?

in the back you could put
mexico city
ann harbor
oklahoma
philadelphia
atlanta
st.louis
philadelphia
cincinnati
toronto
montreal
new york
harrisburg
new york
rochester
philadelphia
shanti bithi
new york

that's just till the 19th of June. 1 day off.

I haven't much of a father growing up and my Master is my family so anyone talks about him talks about my family and I don't let no one, even on internet, saying unrespectuful thing about him and his school. On the outside wall of the pot room in the center of my Master's garden is written " WE DON'T ACCEPT MORE WORK"
Comprende!??!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom