Beautyberry

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have some small 6" pot I believe Japanese Beautyberry raw stock. I only have 5-6 for sale and they'd be $35 plus shipping. The Japanese beautyberry has much smaller foliage and fruit than the American version which grows wild in many southern states. I'll post a picture tomorrow but now they're dormant so they don't look like much.
Just in case you have any left, I would like one.

JosefR

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just found a bunch of American Beatyberries in the roots of my oak trees. Dug some up and hoping they recover in pots.

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I just found a bunch of American Beatyberries in the roots of my oak trees. Dug some up and hoping they recover in pots.
Great! Just keep in mind the American beautyberries are larger, so you should develop them into a larger specimen.

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have Japanese beauty berry rooted cuttings from last year.
One of my first cuttings. Braided together, mostly fused, and looking awesome in this Koyo pot!

I am going to braid more of the shoots off the base to make the trunk bigger, and bigger.

Attachments

• 20220527_140337.jpg
    20220527_140337.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 55

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
It was a pretty amazing plant :) This is not the one at the GSBF show (I didn't take any photos of it) but a different beautyberry - but you can tell how striking it can be.

With cold weather arriving I am on a winter fruiting tree bender :)

View attachment 170145
Looks absolutely delicious.

Top Bottom