Best organic/inorganic spider mite/aphid spray that you can use during hot heat?

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Alright, the bayer 3 in 1 came today. Just sprayed it all over the trees, top and bottom of leaves. I'll keep you all posted on how well it works. Thanks for the input.

@cmeg1 I noticed the spray builds up on the leaves. Should I give it a quick water spray after a few hours to get the glaze off?
Hope it woks for them Jungle bugs you got ther in Texas.lol

Living Tribunal

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
@cmeg1 regarding the white gaze left on the tips and folds of the leaves, should I spray it with some water in a bit to make sure it doesn't stay on there? I don't want to get chemical burn on the leaves tomorrow from applying too thick of a coat of this stuff.

Hyn Patty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nothing I have used beats Forbid-4 or AVID for mites, imo. But any mites you have, you should ROTATE and use more than one product and apply it several times over a couple of weeks. Otherwise you are apt to get resistance. If it's hot and sunny don't use anything oil based unless you move it into the shade first because it can burn the hell out of your leaves if you get any build up.

Tiki

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
@cmeg1 regarding the white gaze left on the tips and folds of the leaves, should I spray it with some water in a bit to make sure it doesn't stay on there? I don't want to get chemical burn on the leaves tomorrow from applying too thick of a coat of this stuff.
If you mixed from concentrate and used the right concentration or if it was the pre mixed spray bottle, no..do not wash the plants off. You should wash yourself off well after applying this stuff however. Toss clothes in the dirty bin to be washed.

Curious though I use the concentrate at 2 tbsp per gallon of water and I don't recall any kind of film or haze. Not like products like daconil leave behind with a thick white haze.

Living Tribunal

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
If you mixed from concentrate and used the right concentration or if it was the pre mixed spray bottle, no..do not wash the plants off. You should wash yourself off well after applying this stuff however. Toss clothes in the dirty bin to be washed.

Curious though I use the concentrate at 2 tbsp per gallon of water and I don't recall any kind of film or haze. Not like products like daconil leave behind with a thick white haze.

I purchased the bottle that only connects to the hose. I couldn't find any mixing instructions for spray bottle so went 3/5 water and 2/5 concentrate in half of a 88oz spray bottle (40ozroughly). I noticed the glaze left over on tips and it was thick. Out of fear of chemical burn tomorrow I hosed the trees off after leaving the spray on for one hour.

After looking around on the bayer site, you are to mix 4.5 tablespoons per gallon. I'm happy I got the spray off considering how much I applied but now have to wait to apply another application. I hope I don't have leaf burn tomorrow.

Living Tribunal

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I purchased the ready to spray spray bottle. When I opened the package it was not a spray bottle as the one pictured but a hose connected spray bottle. This is what has me a bit paranoid, they sent me the wrong bottle. I think it's fine, I'll see how the leaves respond tomorrow.

The first picture is the spray I ordered, the second is the one I received. Let me double check the bottle if it's ready to spray but just with the connected hose.

Attachments

• IMG_5946.PNG
    IMG_5946.PNG
    70.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5947.PNG
    IMG_5947.PNG
    121.9 KB · Views: 11

Living Tribunal

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Alright, y'all can go ahead and give me shit for my hasty paranoia. The idiots at Amazon sent me the wrong bottle but it is indeed ready to spray.

Tiki

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Alright, y'all can go ahead and give me shit for my hasty paranoia. The idiots at Amazon sent me the wrong bottle but it is indeed ready to spray.

Na, I personally find the best way to learn is through mistakes. It can be a costly lesson sometimes but it's those kind of lessons that really stick with you over time.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sure your not talking about ready to use,which is already mixed.The two bottles you show look to be both garden hose type.
I do the instructions on the concentrate type at 2.67 tablespoon per gallon or less and it goes on virtually clear.It makes a protective barrier that keeps protecting the plant and made to let dry.

Attachments

• 160A4370-78B6-418D-ADC1-2184AAD8F06C.jpeg
    160A4370-78B6-418D-ADC1-2184AAD8F06C.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 11

Living Tribunal

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Na, I personally find the best way to learn is through mistakes. It can be a costly lesson sometimes but it's those kind of lessons that really stick with you over time.

Very true. Prior experience has taught me when in doubt, just hose the stuff off. There are very few things I hate more than leaf burn. Regardless, I diluted the initial spray even more so than I should have so everything is fine. I’ll wait a few days and spray another application but leave it on this time.

@cmeg1 the bottle was indeed “ready to spray, no mixing required”, had it printed on the back of the bottle. We’re still in business. Might keep the trees in morning sun/after noon shade to,orrow just to make sure.

Living Tribunal

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Just connect it to your hose next time... I use the same stuff.

I prefer a spray bottle so I don't knock out finer soil from the pot and also so I can do a good job of getting under the leaves.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I purchased the bottle that only connects to the hose. I couldn't find any mixing instructions for spray bottle so went 3/5 water and 2/5 concentrate in half of a 88oz spray bottle (40ozroughly). I noticed the glaze left over on tips and it was thick. Out of fear of chemical burn tomorrow I hosed the trees off after leaving the spray on for one hour.

After looking around on the bayer site, you are to mix 4.5 tablespoons per gallon. I'm happy I got the spray off considering how much I applied but now have to wait to apply another application. I hope I don't have leaf burn tomorrow.

This highlights the importance of reading and understanding the labels and dilution instructions before you spray. Never spray anything if you don't know the proper dilution. Please. You could have hurt yourself, in addition to hurting your plants.

Glad it looks like it will work out.

Living Tribunal

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
This highlights the importance of reading and understanding the labels and dilution instructions before you spray. Never spray anything if you don't know the proper dilution. Please. You could have hurt yourself, in addition to hurting your plants.

Glad it looks like it will work out.

I did read the instructions before spraying. It read "Ready to spray... no mixing, no measuring". It also didn't have any mixing/dilution instructions. I thought I'd be on the safe side and go ahead and dilute the spray in a spray bottle considering the spray mix is meant for hose.

It was only when I noticed the glaze left on the leaves, and looked up an identical bayer 3 in 1 hose connected bottle that I became worried. I should have probably just used the hose for this first application though.

Good news is I don't see one aphid on any trees this morning. Will still only give the crepes morning sun just to be on the safe side.

Attachments

• IMG_5950.JPG
    IMG_5950.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 5

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I prefer a spray bottle so I don't knock out finer soil from the pot and also so I can do a good job of getting under the leaves.
When you put this on your hose, you can set the pressure with your faucet, I had no problems getting the whole thing drenched in like 2 minutes or less.

ysrgrathe

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Wow,can’t say I ever seen spider mites before.Maybe more popular in the hotter areas.
I never had mites in PA. They like warm dry weather and hate humidity.

Top Bottom