BJ's Bonsai in Potomac. VA,MD, WVA

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Yeah but you get to navigate 95 and the beltway to make it to BJs. That's adds a whole other level of time and frustration.
I spend several hours per day in that frustration....no joke, you ain't lying.
I just crank up some Dead and try to not let the idiots of the road get to me.

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
eah but you get to navigate 95 and the beltway to make it to BJs. That's adds a whole other level of time and frustration
Yeah that's basically the only reason I never leave Richmond heading north :confused:

Petebak

Mame
Reaction score
Man........from Richmond to Meehan's will be like a 4 to 5 hour ride, BJ's (if it exists) should be about 3 to you! BJ's is about 25 to me I will just drive there to see what's up!

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Man........from Richmond to Meehan's will be like a 4 to 5 hour ride, BJ's (if it exists) should be about 3 to you! BJ's is about 25 to me I will just drive there to see what's up!

Nah, from me, 522 to 15 get's me to Meehan's in 3 hours. From Richmond, 95 to 17 to 15 is about the same. Stays west of all the congestion.

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'll be near Manassas this weekend so I'll be about half way...

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
For everyone who lives in Richmond: go north on 95 until you get to Gardens Unlimited. Thank me after you've drooled on the trees.

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
There is a bonsai nursery near Norfolk that I need to check out, that's probably only 2 hours from Richmond...

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Redwood Ryan
Thanks!!! How have I never heard of this place??? And I don't even have to cross Fredericksburg???

Maybe I have and didn't realize how close they were, I know I've heard of "Bob and Todd"

Last edited:

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sounds like they're only open on Saturday to the public. I'm really only interested in buying pre-bonsai stock, do you know if they sell that kind of stuff or just more refined trees?

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Sounds like they're only open on Saturday to the public. I'm really only interested in buying pre-bonsai stock, do you know if they sell that kind of stuff or just more refined trees?

They're pretty much always open so long as you give them a call. Weekends are typically best though. They don't have any stock really, mostly just well refined trees, but they're really worth checking out. Bob and Todd are great guys, you'll love their collection.

Petebak

Mame
Reaction score
For everyone who lives in Richmond: go north on 95 until you get to Gardens Unlimited. Thank me after you've drooled on the trees.
is this the address?
Gardens Unlmt Bonsai Nursery
17322 COUNTYLINE CHURCH ROAD
22546 Ruther Glen, Virginia
thanks

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
is this the address?
Gardens Unlmt Bonsai Nursery
17322 COUNTYLINE CHURCH ROAD
22546 Ruther Glen, Virginia
thanks
I WOULD NOT JUST SHOW UP ON SATURDAY. call them first, or you could be disappointed and met with locked gates. They work a lot of garden jobs between D.C. and tidewater. If you don't call first, you could miss them. Jumping the fence could result in a visit from the Sheriff.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
BJ's Bonsai Nursery
10 Brent Court
Potomac, MD 20854
301-299-4780

00c0c_awhgN0kwwJW_1200x900.jpg

You can Google the address, use Google satellite imagery, see the house and see the bonsai in the side yard.

I would definitely visit if I lived in the area... but I try to visit every place that has bonsai of any size, shape or form :)

00v0v_6WJMgJHroPl_1200x900.jpg

Petebak

Mame
Reaction score
BJ's Bonsai Nursery
10 Brent Court
Potomac, MD 20854
301-299-4780

View attachment 149022

You can Google the address, use Google satellite imagery, see the house and see the bonsai in the side yard.

I would definitely visit if I lived in the area... but I try to visit every place that has bonsai of any size, shape or form :)

View attachment 149023
wow, thanks, i am thinking about running over there during lunch, few exits from where i work! :D

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
wow, thanks, i am thinking about running over there during lunch, few exits from where i work! :D

I would call first and make sure someone is there. Looks like a private residence running a business from their back yard.

Take some pics and let people know your impressions!

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
BJ's Bonsai Nursery
10 Brent Court
Potomac, MD 20854
301-299-4780

View attachment 149022

View attachment 149023
I definitely agree with you, without support the market shrinks even more.

Top Bottom